Cloud Security Architect
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: June 9, 2021
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization
securely enables the business by protecting assets and information
across Verizon networks, infrastructure and applications. CIS
integrates cybersecurity governance, policies, technologies and
operations across Verizon, and works to incorporate security into
the design of technology systems and services..
The Platform Security team focuses on the design and
implementation and operation of secure multi-cloud environments
that host Verizon applications and related data resources. We
partner with Verizon IT and business units to securely deliver
cloud technologies that include security designs, standards,
controls, automation and operational processes to protect Verizon
systems and data that are hosted in these cloud environments. We
heavily focus on new and emerging cloud technology as well as
advising our internal customers on implementation of new security
controls and products that align with industry best practices.
We are looking for a Cloud Security Architect with experience
with Azure and / or Google cloud environments, to join our team.
You will be responsible for the following primary activities:
- Support Google and Azure cloud deployments by designing
security architectures to align with best practices.
- Work with Network and Infrastructure teams to integrate
security designs in overall cloud architectures
- Ensure reference architectures exist outlining cloud security
requirements in conjunction with best practices leveraging CSA and
- Develop in-depth security architecture, design and coding
standards across cloud based infrastructure, applications and data
security, to drive a standardized set of security requirements, and
align with internal policies to meet external compliance/regulatory
- Serve as a GCP and / or Azure SME providing advice and guidance
to the cloud security engineering team in the form of automation
- Perform cloud security product evaluations and recommendations
as required to address control gaps.
- Provide cloud service assessment functions that result in
service configuration and automation requirements/
- Preform production migration readiness reviews for high risk
applications with internet exposures
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in cloud technology with emphasis on GCP or
Even better if you have:
- Security certifications: CISSP, CCSP, Cloud certifications or
willingness to obtain within 12 months of hire.
- Experience in securing container platforms such as docker,
Kubernetes, GKE, Anthos or AKS.
- Experience in Google AI/ML technologies and BigQuery.
- Experience coding in Java, Python, or Go, and at least one
- Knowledge of web, mobile, API, Microservices, network and
security architectures and design patterns.
- Experience securing cloud infrastructure and cloud
- Knowledge of cloud technologies with specific expertise in
Google and Microsoft Azure cloud technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of secure cloud configurations, best
practices, methods and tooling in GCP or Azure
- Knowledge of security best practices, principles, and common
security frameworks, such as NIST, ISO, Common Criteria, TCSEC,
- Experience with cloud based network, logging application and
IAM architectures, designs and configurations.
- Understanding of security by design principles and architecture
level security concepts.
- Knowledge of current and emerging security technologies,
threats and techniques for cloud exploits and cloud based
- Working knowledge of developer tools and environments, project
management and bug tracking systems.
- Analytical skills, ability to assess cloud deployments and
identify deviations from best practices and / or insecure
- Experience with various application security tools including
SAST, SCA, DAST, Penetration testing, Fuzzing etc.
- Ability to secure container-centric deployments using Docker &
Kubernetes, GKS, Anthos or AKS.
- DevOps knowledge and working knowledge of CI/CD architectures,
designs and implementations
- Experience with Cloud Security concepts in the areas of
Governance, IAM, Network, Internet connectivity, logging and
- Communication, presentation and analytical skills along with
the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and handle multiple
- Willingness to travel upto a maximum of 25%
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Newark , Cloud Security Architect, Other , Bedminster, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!