Sr Technical Solution Architect
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Location: Morristown, NJ, New Jersey, United States
Requisition ID: 56212
Schindler stands for mobility. Mobility needs experts.
Join our team in Morristown, NJ.
Founded in Switzerland in 1874, the Schindler Group is a leading
global provider of elevators, escalators, and related services.
Schindler mobility solutions move one billion people every day all
over the world. Behind the company's success are over 60,000
employees in more than 100 countries.
With U.S. Headquarters in Morristown, New Jersey, Schindler
Elevator Corporation is the North American operating entity of the
Switzerland-based Schindler Group. Schindler is one of the leading
global manufacturers of elevators, escalators and moving walks.
Schindler employs over 5,000 people in more than 230 locations in
North America. The company specializes in latest-technology
engineering as well as mechanical and micro-technology products
designed and rigorously tested for comfort, efficiency and
reliability. Schindler products can be found in many well-known
buildings throughout the US, including 4 World Trade Center, the
Bank of America Tower and the Marriott Marquis in New York, Cowboys
Stadium in Dallas and the Cleveland Clinic in Las Vegas.
Sr Technical Solution Architect
Mobility is the goal
- Please note: this role is posted for Morristown, NJ however, we
are open to REMOTE applicants as well. *
- As a Technical Solutions Architect in the Schindler team of the
Center of Excellence for Analytics and Reporting, you will work
closely with your colleagues to develop and design solutions in
SAP, interfaces to SAP databases, Lotus Notes, SharePoint and
salesforce going in the near future. Additionally, you will work
with other subject matter experts in design, implement and improve
system architecture (if any). You will be responsible from
inception through production, implementation and
post-implementation phases of projects and ensure best
practices/methodologies are followed.
- Sr. Solutions Architect activities include but are not limited
- Analyze, assess and implement business processes/solution,
perform gap analysis and identify issues within those business
processes. Understand complex business requirements and translates
into technical specifications.
- Lead IT projects, design architecture and provide best
- Create and Maintain technical system architecture, Integration,
description and overview.
- Analyze global strategy, solutions and provide strategic advice
- Develop and implement quality standards, best practices with
regards to IT architecture.
- Discuss with BPM's about specific needs of the project, change
requests and build repository to translate business discussions
into epics and user stories.
- Have a strategic mindset with the capability of establishing a
comprehensive yet pragmatic vision based on a strong base of
- Strong communication skills to effectively articulate ERP
vision coupled with influencing and leadership skills in order to
lead people to achieve it
- Develop deep and broad business capability and domain knowledge
to enable effective business analysis and requirements planning and
enhance IT's business acumen
- Ensure effective consultation with the various business
partners (internal & external) in exploring and applying innovative
"outside-in" solution ideas to address business opportunities and
- Build and maintain effective relationships with a variety of
stakeholders that include Global Business Process Owners, Business
Engagement BA's, Business Engagement Domain Architects, peer ERP
Solution Architects. IT build and run resources (internal and
- Develop and maintain effective, "trusted advisor" relationships
with stakeholders - including senior leaders - in order to provide
credible insight and advice about leveraging technology for
business effectiveness and competitiveness
- Work with business partners to understand their business
capabilities and needs, develop options and recommendations through
close collaboration with development teams.
- Interact effectively with delivery teams to ensure business
requirements are understood and properly assessed to drive
feasibility and play back outcomes to business partners.
- Validation of solutions, as well as end-to-end processes, by
testing programs and validating results.
- Integration/Technical solution experience involving all phases
of project life cycle.
- Advanced knowledge of data and application
integration/middleware tools such as SAP PI, Web Methods, API's,
EAI, SOA, Qlik, Power BI, Salesforce etc.
- Lead conference room pilots or proof of concept sessions for
potential solutions to elicit requirements with a strong focus on
business capability maturity to drive prioritization
- Continually scan the environment in a proactive manner to gain
perspective on industry trends, leading practices and technology
offerings to be equipped to bring to the attention of business
engagement and business stakeholders
- Support buildup processes for COE, Architectural review board
and have a process/structure and align on all initiatives.
- Significant experience solutioning, technical design,
administering, security, installing, administering and
- Salesforce experience along with reporting is a huge plus.
- Define architecture, project schedule, milestones, and
publishing of progress reports.
- Identify customer needs and work collaboratively to address
- Experience with SAP and Agile Methodology.
- Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery
- Possess a strong, balanced mix of Business Process Domain and
understanding of SAP Management/CRM, manufacturing and Warehouse
Management process domain.
- Troubleshoot SAP issues or any integration issues in production
down situations to arrive at the solution.
- Experience with SAP CRM, PS, SD, MM, FI, and SCM.
Mobility needs you
- Experience developing functional and technical
- Understand end to end integration/cross functional SAP
- Experience in Integration and Solution design.
- Strong communications (verbal and written) and decision-making
- Time management and organizational skills a must for multi-task
- Self-directed with proven ability to work as part of a
- Client management skills and diplomatic problem solver
Do you want to move the future with us?
If so, please click the Apply now button.
Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
marital status, gender identity, national origin, citizenship
status, disability or protected veteran status.
Schindler is committed to ensuring that our Career Center is
accessible to all jobseekers, including individuals with
disabilities. If you are having difficulty with the application or
the accessibility of this website, please contact
Keywords: Schindler, Newark , Sr Technical Solution Architect, Other , Morristown, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!