Software Solutions Engineer III
Company: Duck Creek Technologies, Inc.
Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing
ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and
works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly,
challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?"
over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do
things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to
reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world's oldest and
largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange,
and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may
be looking for you.
Software Solutions Engineer III
The Software Solutions Engineer III will assist in defining and
reviewing the technical requirements for the Duck Creek
application, including security, integration, performance, quality,
and operations requirements. The Software Solutions Engineer III
will be expected to develop and configure customized software
product/systems to meet client requirements as well as build and
support specialized customizations to the core asset software
including conversions, interfaces, enhancements and user interface
- Responsible for end-to-end software development starting from
analysis, to design, implementation, QA, delivery and
- Works closely with other engineers and the Technical Architect
to ensure the architecture components interact to fulfill the
requirements and meet performance goals
- Develops application prototypes and conducts conference room
pilots to evaluate solution options
- Customizes products to customer specifications, which may
include customized user interface and integrating with third party
- Participates in quality management reviews as outlined in the
Quality Management practice to ensure adherence to all quality
management plans and standard
- Completes technical designs that are in line with the technical
requirements, following the applicable design standards and
ensuring that those designs are functionally/technically sound and
integrate with other related system components
- Understands and shares knowledge of the Duck Creek product
suite and its technical components.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, or higher education level, or foreign
equivalent, in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 year's related professional experience
- and/or Master's degree plus minimum of 3 year's related
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Demonstrated professional experience with C#, SQL, Visual
Studio, Microsoft Foundation technologies, Windows Server 2003/2008
- Demonstrated professional experience with .Net Solutions and
SQL and relational database design
- Experience with XML and XSL
- Experience/knowledge of P&C Insurance software
- Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle for
P&C insurance software a plus
- Experience with systems integration (Policy, Billing, claims,
Reinsurance, third-party systems)
- Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Example Platform
solutions for Policy Administration, Billing and/or ASW Claims a
- Travel: 25%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country
of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are
sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally
and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Keywords: Duck Creek Technologies, Inc., Newark , Software Solutions Engineer III, Other , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!