When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
You will work closely with functional HR teams and IT to run
projects for internal customers matching the best prototyping and
configuration, through product testing and implementation for
technology projects. You'll be configuring Workday HCM to provide
the solutions that enable the business to move forward and deliver
- Leading large scale, cross-functional projects from start to
- Providing knowledge transfer of Workday configuration solutions
to peer teams.
- Understanding Workday and applying technical knowledge to
- Assessing the business information and system solutions through
- Facilitating requirements for system integrations.
- Creating and managing project plans and status reporting to
produce results and meet deadlines.
- Planning and testing products/system enhancements,
troubleshooting production issues, and retesting fixes.
This position will allow you to work from your current
What we're looking for...
You have strong business sense, are inquisitive, and willing to
dig into and resolve issues with minimal direction. You ask good
questions to understand what the business needs and how to respond
with the best technology solutions. You think like a consultant,
are highly analytical, process and pay attention to details. Your
strong partnership skills build results-oriented relationships with
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant HR work experience.
- Workday Human Resources implementation experience.
- Two or more years of Workday Configuration experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience in Project Management, Human Resources processes,
systems, policies and data.
- Familiar with the agile methodology & use of agile tools such
- Worked with reporting applications such as Cognos, Prism, and
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.