Psychiatrist - Medical Director
Company: CFG Health Network
Posted on: June 9, 2021
CFG has a full-time Medical Director opportunity for a
Psychiatrist in Newark, NJ. This position offers a stimulating
blend of clinical and administrative responsibilities.
Physician's lounge with refreshments
Covered parking for physicians
Paid malpractice, DEA, and licensure fees
Discounts on gym memberships, weight loss programs, cell phone
plans, computers, amusement parks, theatre tickets, and more.
- Manage and lead the psychiatric operations.
- Work along with CFG and the client to establish and enforce
sound clinical policies, procedures and practices as they pertain
to patient care.
- Clinically collaborate with Advanced Practice Nurses.
- Work with Medical Affairs with credentialing and scheduling of
psychiatrists and APNs to ensure that the department is adequately
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of new clinicians.
- Provision of full range of psychiatric services to assigned
patients. Services provided include direct care of patients in the
clinical setting including: assessment, screening, diagnosis, and
treatment of patients and determining the degree of disabilities in
patients. Psychiatrist will prescribe medication to patients as
deemed necessary and will conduct medication management. All
services to be documented in the patient's electronic medical
- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test findings to diagnose
nature and extent of mental disorder
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers,
psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment
plans and progress.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including
social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and
- Participate in treatment team activities to include the
development and periodic review of patient treatment plans and will
take necessary steps when a patient refuses treatment.
- Comply with employee standards of the CFG Health Network and
applicable employee standards of the facility. Compliance includes,
but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working environment and
personal conduct consistent with professional responsibilities, the
development of harmonious working relationships and timely
notification of supervisory personnel absences form
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be licensed as a psychiatrist in NJ or able to obtain
- Must be board certified within five (5) years of completing
residency and must maintain certification.
- Experience in providing services in inpatient/outpatient
- Must possess good interpersonal communication and leadership
- Must be able to interact with institutional staff, medical
staff and the agencies of the court.
- Must complete a satisfactory background investigation
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb
or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: CFG Health Network, Newark , Psychiatrist - Medical Director, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!