Road Supervisor - CDL Required
Company: First Transit
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Are you interested in becoming a Road Supervisor? Now is your
chance! Get PAID to do what you
First Transit is
looking for a Road Supervisor in Union County,
NJ. Our road supervisors are an integral part of
daily operations. Road Supervisors assure all routes are
completed in compliance with safety procedures. This position
also monitors and coaches bus drivers. We hire individuals who
make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you
have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First
Transit is looking for you!
That is why our employees call this the “love-what-you-do”
line of work!
*CDL B or C w/Passenger
Our Road Supervisors enjoy:
- Earn up to $990 weekly
- Overtime hours are available
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and
401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick
- Positive and rewarding work environment
Job Purpose: Serves as First Line
supervisors for Drivers, customer response, driver field evaluation
and accident first-responders
- Communicates job requirements and responsibilities to
- Takes responsibility for day to day scheduling, counseling and
evaluation reports to local management.
- Conducts on-the-scene accident investigation; assists drivers
in preparing accident reports, OSHA reports and safety violations
- Designs and delivers driver training and safety courses; trains
new drivers and retrains those involved in accidents.
- Observes drivers on the road and corrects safety problems on
the scene while documenting violations.
- Liaisons between drivers and both clients and organization in
customer service issues.
- Evaluates and monitors driver safety and performance, as well
as compliance in legal, employment and labor policy matters.
- Assists Safety Manager with DOT/FTA compliance regarding drug
testing and recordkeeping.
- Assists in dispatching, driving, interviewing, and
miscellaneous clerical tasks as needed.
- Meets all driver qualifications at location.
- Obtains a CDL required to operate vehicles at location,
maintains that license, and drives route periodically.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education & Certifications Required:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Experience & Skills Required:
- At least 3 years of driving experience
- Minimum CDL B or C with Passenger endorsement
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience
- Preferred Paratransit experience
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
- Excellent verbal, written and relational communication skills,
with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels
including drivers, customers, senior management, client
representatives, union officials and general public; fluent in
- Human resources and training experience
- Work extended hours regularly, including Saturday
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as
First Transit is a leading provider of
passenger transportation, contract and management services, and
operations management consulting for locations across the United
States and Canada. Because we employ a diverse group of
highly successful individuals, we are able to safely and
efficiently carry over 160 million passengers each year!
Apply today to join our
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: First Transit, Newark , Road Supervisor - CDL Required, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!