Full-Stack Senior Software Development Engineer II
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that
means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because
the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also
happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
About the team
The Audible Homestead team is dedicated to creating awareness of
the Audible experience and the power to listen to Audible across
the Amazon Retail website, eReader devices, and Fire tablets, with
goals to increase discovery, optimize conversion, and engage
members within the Amazon.com ecosystem. The technology focuses on
web development with substantial backend services integration.
Technologies we use include: Java, Services Design and
Architecture, Web Application, Security, SNS, Lambda, S3,
You are an innovative and passionate top software engineer
looking to make a positive impact on customer experience. You like
to own deliverables end-to-end and have a meaningful influence on
the final product. You are a builder. You like to work with fellow
engineers and product people to share knowledge, imagine, design,
develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and
inspires our peers. You're curious and love to learn unprompted as
you stay up to date with tools, trends, technologies and best
practices in the industry. Please don't hesitate to apply!
As a Full-Stack Senior Software Development Engineer II, you
- Partner with cross-functional teams to imagine, design,
develop, test, and launch software that impacts our community and
inspires your peers.
- Set the technical direction and strategy within a team and
strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
- Work with your team to invent, design and build software that
is stable and performant.
- Proficient in a broad range of design approaches and know when
it is appropriate to use each.
- Solve difficult problems of diverse scope where analysis of
data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, demonstrating
sound judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining
- Capable of independently clarifying technical requirements,
developing coding estimates and applying a broad range of design
approaches to bring innovative solutions to the table.
- Review code of other team members and provide constructive
- Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering
- Drive continuous improvement of software quality, CX and
maintainability of products/features.
- Lead the way - staying up to date with tools, trends,
technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon
and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the
- Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such
as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and
design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of
new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate
highly complex and ambiguous situations.
- Past mentorship of other engineers within an organization,
showing mutual growth.
- Able to provide a code review. Able to assess an existing
software application and correctly identify where enhancements may
be made to improve it. Able to identify and resolve the root cause
of software defects.
- Experience building software systems that have been
successfully delivered to internal or external customers.
- Ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the
audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical
stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed
- Maintain a solid understanding of design approaches (and how to
best use them).
- Able to consistently produce high quality software (e.g.,
secure, testable, maintainable, low-defects, efficient, etc.),
which incorporates best practices.
- Able to constructively identify problems and propose solutions,
taking on projects that improve the team's software, making it
better and easier to maintain.
- Able to establish good working relationships with peers and
take part in constructive dialogue to resolve discordant
- Understand the legacy of coding decisions. Know when a
short-term workaround is a problem and when to limit this type of
solution and the implications of adding new dependencies.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice.
We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer
and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks,
we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share
stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and
transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our
people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners,
storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences
power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the
power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or
other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Newark , Full-Stack Senior Software Development Engineer II, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!