Sr. Director, Data Management
Company: A.M. Best
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Senior Director oversees the Data Management function, which
is a combination of financial and non-financial data origination
and processing, accounting standards review, financial and
non-financial analytics and regulatory analysis -- all applied
within a production environment with urgency and very strong
customer service. This is a position with global
- Oversee the daily data production environment, assuring that
deadlines are met and data quality standards are maintained on a
consistent basis at all times.
- Maintain and continue to develop financial data reporting
process, understanding financial reporting standards and regulatory
requirements, and with the primary objective of assuring accuracy,
completeness and transparency of the data for both Ratings
analytical and Product purposes.
- Assist in design and development of analytics from the
standpoint of understanding what the reported data means, the goals
of the analytics and the various manners in which it has been
- Maintain and continue to develop non-financial data collection
and reporting, including ongoing redevelopment of the Attributes
- Oversee the convergence of data operations in Oldwick and
London, with the goals of increasing accuracy, timeliness and
efficiency, while also reducing data production costs.
- Foster and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, both
internal at AM Best and also external Ratings clients and Product
customers, via Ratings analysts and Product staff.
- Provide a positive, professional and collegial work environment
for all Data Management staff.
- 10 plus years managing insurance industry financial reporting,
with exposure to both NAIC statutory and US GAAP financial
reporting standards. Exposure also to IFRS and/or OSFI (Canadian
statutory) requirements preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Degree in Accounting or
- Leadership and Management experience, including demonstrable
experience of developing processes and staff and building teams and
structures to meet business needs.
- Significant accounting and financial reporting experience
utilizing NAIC statutory and US GAAP financial reporting standards.
Exposure to IFRS and OSFI (Canadian statutory) reporting standards
is preferred. Exceptional analytical skills -- with respect to
financial metrics and their suitability to specific situations, as
well as in relation to the development of data processes and
structures. Strong background in the insurance industry, with a
fundamental understanding of insurance industry business models and
strategic / operational concerns. Strong interpersonal skills adept
at building and developing trusting relationships. Desire and
capability to dig into the details on a routine basis -- both to
resolve issues and as the basis for development of improved
processes and analytics. Excellent written and verbal communication
skills. Ability to take a leading and subject matter expert role in
coordination with the technology group and production support group
to further enhance our system capabilities.
Keywords: A.M. Best, Newark , Sr. Director, Data Management, Other , Oldwick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!