Location: Morristown, NJ, New Jersey, United States
Requisition ID: 56046
Schindler stands for mobility. Mobility needs experts.
Join our team in Morristown, NJ.
Founded in Switzerland in 1874, the Schindler Group is a leading
global provider of elevators, escalators, and related services.
Schindler mobility solutions move one billion people every day all
over the world. Behind the company's success are over 60,000
employees in more than 100 countries.
With U.S. Headquarters in Morristown, New Jersey, Schindler
Elevator Corporation is the North American operating entity of the
Switzerland-based Schindler Group. Schindler is one of the leading
global manufacturers of elevators, escalators and moving walks.
Schindler employs over 5,000 people in more than 230 locations in
North America. The company specializes in latest-technology
engineering as well as mechanical and micro-technology products
designed and rigorously tested for comfort, efficiency and
reliability. Schindler products can be found in many well-known
buildings throughout the US, including 4 World Trade Center, the
Bank of America Tower and the Marriott Marquis in New York, Cowboys
Stadium in Dallas and the Cleveland Clinic in Las Vegas.
Sr Director, Mergers & Acquisitions
Mobility is the goal
PRIMARY FUNCTION / POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Sr. Director, Mergers & Acquisitions, will work closely with
SEC's Executive Management to drive SEC's inorganic growth
strategy. We are looking for a lead deal professional to identify,
evaluate and execute M& A transactions. M&A is a high profile,
top priority, and strategic part of SEC, and so this position
represents a vital and dynamic role within the company. You will be
expected to lead all aspects of transaction evaluation and
execution, from target identification through valuation, due
diligence and negotiation of deal documentation. In this role you
will have extensive visibility and interaction with owners of
target companies, deal brokers and Schindler senior management,
locally and globally, as well as internal cross functional leaders.
High level interpersonal and communication skills to build strong
relationships in combination with a strategic and technical
proficiency are essential for this role. This position will report
to Schindler's SVP, General Counsel and Acquisitions Lead
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing industry research and analysis to identify and
directly originate potential acquisition targets.
- Develop strategic rational supporting acquisition of target
- Developing and maintaining relationships with potential targets
and brokers from initial stage to deal closing.
- Developing detailed financial models and valuation analysis for
- Lead all aspects of the due diligence process, including
serving as the primary liaison between the target company's
owners/representatives and Schindler's internal deal team and
- Creating investment proposals, along with supporting analysis
and findings, for review by SEC's Executive Management team and
- Driving deal progression and achievement of milestones,
including substantial role in negotiations of transaction terms and
- Collaborate with finance, legal, tax and other departments of
SEC to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Supporting integration planning, tracking and processes for new
Mobility needs you
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience, with at least 5 years
in an M&A role.
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral communication and relationship
- Demonstrated ability to work with executives and build
relationships at every level of the organization (with experience
doing so in a large multinational company a plus).
- Demonstrated experience in advanced financial modeling,
analysis and research, including discounted cash flow,
accretion/dilution, synergies and deal multiple analysis.
- Experience with a variety of transaction structures for
- Self-starter with strategic mindset capable of exercising
independent judgment and working independently.
- Ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and driven to achieve
ambitious goals and objectives
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in the elevator /escalator business and/or
construction industry a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure
- Willingness for some travel.
Do you want to move the future with us?
If so, please click the Apply now button.
Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
marital status, gender identity, national origin, citizenship
status, disability or protected veteran status.
Schindler is committed to ensuring that our Career Center is
accessible to all jobseekers, including individuals with
disabilities. If you are having difficulty with the application or
the accessibility of this website, please contact