Company: Standard Chartered
Posted on: June 7, 2021
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people
and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a
profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours -
do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as
our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and
creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can
realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to
our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support
to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To support the Bank's Financial Crime Compliance Americas
division (FCC) in ensuring that the business in the US operates in
accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all Group
standards relating to anti-money laundering and counter terrorism
- To conduct investigations that detect and report suspicious
activity to governmental authorities and enable the Bank to form
sound judgments concerning reputational and other risks and meets
expectations of regulators and other compliance stakeholders.
- To support the promotion of the business, culture and practice
of FCC within the letter and spirit of US Laws, including local
Laws and Regulations, in accordance with Group standards.
- Review and analyse leads for potential suspicious activity,
including those generated from detection scenario processes, the
service of subpoenas and warrants, negative media reports, as well
as other sources to include:
- Identifying, researching and reporting suspicious
- Managing the investigative process from initial detection to
- Thoroughly and timely reviewing reports and other investigative
leads that potentially identify suspicious activity.
- Formulating and recommending responses to potentially
suspicious findings, reporting such activity to the appropriate
regulatory authorities, and supporting FCC in developing the Bank's
forward-looking risk-mitigation response.
- Support Managers and Team Leaders in conducting AML
- Coordinating responses and requests pursuant to Section 314 of
the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Work with team members to determine whether to close cases,
escalate findings and/or file a Suspicious Activity Report ("SAR")
with the U.S. Treasury's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network.
- Drafting and reviewing SARs.
- Performing data-entry related to tracking and documenting all
Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment
in area of responsibility.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in
which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and
expectations relevant to the role
- Deliver 'effective governance'; challenge fellow executives
effectively; and work with any local regulators in an open and
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and
Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest
standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct,
across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and
ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable
laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate
and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that
adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with
relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form
part of the culture.
- Head, FCC Investigations in region
- FCC Department in region and global
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in FCC
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country,
Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, Economic Crime
Investigation, or related field of study, from an accredited
- Advanced degrees (JD, MBA, etc.) will be viewed positively
- 3-5 years experience in a large multinational financial
institution, law firm or a global organization.
- 1-3 years AML Compliance or related banking experience and / or
experience involving money laundering or complex financial
investigations within the financial industry or in the governmental
regulatory, intelligence or law enforcement space (international,
federal, state and local levels will be considered.
- CAMS certification strongly preferred. (Required within one
- Demonstrates an understanding of the key products or services
provided by the business / function, and the processes and controls
that underpin them.
- Demonstrates an understanding of compliance regulations,
knowledge of global procedures and policies, including a core
understanding in AML, Sanctions, CDD or Anti Bribery.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the SAR process.
- Proven capability to conduct open source research and leverage
Bank internal data sources to assist in building composite
- Has the ability to interpret complex information and determine
the research and analysis required to extract facts that can be
objectively supported. Has a strong investigative mindset where
critical thinking is applied, exemplified by a number of
attributes; professional scepticism, a meticulous and consistent
approach to research and analytics, and the ability to thoroughly
articulate a defence for conclusions reached.
- Clear, concise communication style (written and verbal);
demonstrates engaged listening skills; able to maintain composure
in a stressed situation.
- Self motivated - Strong work orientation, works independently,
takes accountability for decisions, actions and outcomes
- Collaborative - Actively collaborate within and across
- Personal Agility - Agile and receptive to change. Positive and
- Prior law enforcement or regulatory experience will be viewed
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career
To view information on our benefits including our flexible
working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on
Keywords: Standard Chartered, Newark , AML Investigator, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!