Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer
Company: Premier Healthcare Exchange, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Zelis is a healthcare and financial technology growth company
and market-leading provider of claims cost management and payments
optimization solutions to price, pay, and explain healthcare
claims. Zelis delivers integrated network analytics, network
solutions, payment integrity, electronic payments, and claims
communications for payers, healthcare providers, and consumers in
the medical, dental, and workers' compensation markets nationwide.
Zelis is backed by Parthenon Capital Partners and Bain Capital.
The Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer is responsible for the
overall technical delivery of dashboards and reports using Tableau
and Microsoft BI tools. The Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer will
perform their job function by executing all phases of the Software
Development Lifecycle including Analysis, Design, Development, and
Testing while working in a highly collaborative team
- Participate in requirements sessions to understand business
needs and come up with recommendations of features and
visualizations that can best achieve the needs of the business
using Tableau, Power BI, or SSRS.
- Provide input and assist in designing reporting schemas that
will be used in the dashboard - based on the understanding of
metrics and dimensions in report specification.
- Create Data Sources using best practices irrespective of the
source system, and data model design.
- Write complex SQL code, as required, to create data sources for
reports and dashboards.
- Develop dashboards of varying complexity making sure
functionality is aligned with business requirements.
- Deploy dashboards and perform server administration.
- Test and implement reporting and visualization software
- Research new software product features and implements
dashboards and reports.
- Develop new or enhance existing reports based on business
- Determine and communicate project feasibility and sizing
estimates through analysis, problem definition, requirement
gathering, and solution development.
- Prepare solutions by determining and designing system
specifications, applying robust architectural patterns, applying
coding standards, and programming.
- Perform design reviews and code reviews.
- Collaborate with team members and help each other succeed in
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development
tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment;
participating in educational opportunities.
- Protect operations by improving security and by keeping
- Accomplish Zelis' mission by completing related results as
- Support and develop Zelis and the technology team by providing
advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Follow established HIPAA, Compliance & Security policies.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
another four-year degree with significant IS experience OR
- 5+ years in Microsoft technology - SQL Server, SSAS, and
- 2+ years in Power BI or Tableau dashboard development and
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex information systems
- Software Architecture
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Design
- Software Debugging
- Unit Testing
- General Programming Skills
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft Tabular Models and SSAS Cubes
- Application Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Application and Infrastructure Monitoring
- Tableau Dashboard Development (Preferred)
- Tableau Server Administration (Preferred)
- Jira (Preferred)
- Agile Software Development Methods (Preferred)
- DevOps CI/CD (Preferred)
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Premier Healthcare Exchange, Inc., Newark , Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer, Other , Bedminster, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!