WHEN YOU JOIN VERIZON
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. Were a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING...
As an AI/ML Lead Decisioning Strategist, on the System of
Insights (SOI) team, within Verizon Consumer Group, you will lead
the design and development of AI powered Next Best Experience (NBx)
decisioning strategies that deliver personalized, relevant customer
experiences that drive business value. You will collaborate with
cross functional teams (Marketing, Finance, GTS, Digital, Customer
Service, Omni-channel, Data Analytics, etc.) to establish business
goals and financial objectives for various use cases across
Verizons Home (Fios and 5G Home) and Mobile (Wireless) lines of
business. You will be pivotal in developing our central decisioning
infrastructure as we look to scale across Verizon. You will
carefully consider the requirements and balance those with the
customers needs to design best-in-class decisioning strategies. You
will write and groom user stories, establish business rules,
frameworks and data architecture to support the design and
configuration of decisioning logic algorithms. You will lead
ongoing strategy enhancement and optimization efforts, craft A/B/C
test plans, mentor teammates, and guide decision logic projects to
completion. You will be responsible for evolving the backend
decisioning logic framework which needs to integrate and execute
seamlessly with a complex ecosystem, consisting of multiple
technology stacks and applications. This framework will need to be
scalable and future proof to accommodate changing business and
technological needs. At Verizon, we currently use Pegas Customer
Decisioning Hub (CDH) as our decisioning engine tool. Leveraging
data to make informed decisions is at the center of everything we
* Responsible for design, development and configuration of
real-time decisioning strategies, including frameworks, rules,
logic and algorithms within Pega CDH.
* Lead the implementation of numerous decisioning strategies across
* Assess decisioning platform capabilities, and create a roadmap
* Drive continuous performance improvement of the decisioning
program by analyzing data, implementing test & learn plans
(Champion/Challenger) & adaptive modelling capabilities.
* Communicate decisioning and algorithmic concepts, problems and
solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Identify and mitigate existing business, functional and/or
technical risks associated with decisioning.
* Leverage past experience with algorithm design and decisioning
strategy implementations, and ensure that industry best practices
are adhered to
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR...
You are an AI/ML promoter, business logic and algorithm design
expert. You're up to speed on all the latest trends in this space.
You are a hands-on, motivated and collaborative leader with
exceptional communication skills and proven experience working with
diverse teams of technical architects, business users and IT teams
in customer organizations on all phases of the software development
life-cycle. You thrive when moving a project from ambiguity to
clarity. You're a natural collaborator, equally comfortable talking
tech with developers, model scoring criterion with data scientists,
numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive
leadership. You pay attention to people, connect with them, and
know how to achieve great things together. You have a strong sense
of purpose and integrity, with deep emotional intelligence. Your
experience with previous Pega CDH or similar decisioning engine
tools affords you the knowledge to ask the right questions, take
steps to mitigate risk and design an adaptable solution. You
understand customer relationship management (CRM), revenue
generation, margin protection, customer retention and acquisition,
customer care and support, business rules, big data, operational
efficiency and how to translate business requirements into
efficient, scalable solutions. You'll need to have:
* Bachelors degree in data-driven disciplines such as analytics,
economics, statistics, data science, mathematics, computer science
or finance or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience in an IT or
* Knowledge and exposure to relational databases and analytic
* Experience with technical troubleshooting and problem
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* Masters degree in related subject.
* Deep statistical skills utilized in A/B testing, analyzing data,
algorithm design and modeling.
* Two or more years of experience leading real time decisioning
strategy and algorithm design programs.
* Experience productionizing adaptive models and scaling a
decisioning engine to support multi variate testing.
* Pega Certifications in Decisioning and/or Systems
* Pega PRPC version 8+ platform experience.
* Excellent interpersonal, business communication and writing
* A good understanding of integration with an enterprise multi-tier
* Experience working in a fast-paced, often changing, and dynamic
* Systems Architecture experience.
* Experience in an Agile Product Owner role and have worked in
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion
[https://www.verizon.com/about/careers/work-culture] page to learn