Prudential's Global Technology team is the spark that ignites
the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide.
Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in
delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the
company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse,
agile-thinking, and highly-skilled professionals; we use our
combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation,
speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture
where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join
the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you'll unlock a
challenging and impactful career - all while growing your skills
and advancing your profession at one of the world's leading
financial services institutions/
Within Prudential's CTO organization, the Cloud team is hiring a
Cloudability Developer. This exciting position will offer a
qualified candidate the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated
Cloud practice in a corporate IT organization. We are looking for
someone who is self-motivated, has passion for technology, and a
desire to provide outstanding customer service.
The position will be the single point of contact for managing,
maintaining, and tracking the Cloudability tool (third party cloud
cost management tool). They will also be responsible for ensuring
cloud optimization / FinOps methodology is being followed with a
focus on driving optimization of the cloud footprint. A successful
candidate will utilize technology to automate solutions and
optimize outcomes, never wanting to see the same class of problem
twice. The top technical skills for this role include a deep
understanding of core public & private cloud billing, cost
management, and experience data visualization tools e.g.
Cloudability, Splunk, etc.
- Configure and maintain Cloudability in the Prudential cloud
- Handle all administrative functions including user account
maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, and other
point-and-click configuration items
- Manage API integrations between Cloudability and other systems
- Evaluate Prudential's cloud cost management processes and tools
to identify optimization opportunities
- Review new capabilities released by the public cloud providers
and work with PruCloud POs to develop an optimization roadmap
- Track and manage roadmap and backlog to ensure optimization
activities are yielding the desired business outcomes
- Support application developers and business teams in enhancing
value, producing quality data, and identifying best practices and
new processes to optimize use and adoption of the Cloudability
- Collaborate with vendors, IT, Finance and Business Unit
colleagues to support the integration and growth of the
- Creates and applies architecture, governance, security, and
global process standards to system changes and deployments
- Establish, maintain and apply coding/configuration standards
and best practices
- Resolve user-identified functional and technical issues on the
Cloudability platform and proactively troubleshoot for anticipated
- Support internal users as a subject matter expert, recommending
enhancements, dashboards, reporting, etc.
- Work with Cloudability on new features/enhancements e.g.
savings views, optimization, etc.
- Work with engineering/ops/finance to ensure alignment with new
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or
equivalent practical experience
- Extensive Cloudability developer experience or similar tools
(Cloud Health, CloudCheckr, Cloud Custodian, Cloudyn, Cloud
- 3+ years of software development experience
- A DevOps mindset
- Solid understanding of cloud billing and metering and the
impact of usage patterns on total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Experience providing chargeback, showback, budgeting and
forecasting as core capabilities of cloud financial management
- Experience creating advanced product level visibility that will
help drive better business decisions and cost accountability
- A passion for problem solving and customer service
- Senior experience scripting using Python, as well as Perl,
- Experience with Application Performance Management tools (e.g.
NewRelic, DataDog) preferred
- SAFe Agile development experience preferred
- Data migration skills using data loader or ETL tools
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and complete
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving
- Knowledge of AWS public cloud infrastructure and Azure is a
- Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not
affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with
operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management
expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and
institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The
company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability,
expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time.
Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services,
including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services,
mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked
to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud
to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference
can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit
www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics,
disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner
status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants.
Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing
business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application
process, which may include an assessment, please call (800)
433-8960, prompt 4 or email
Please note that the above number and email are solely for
individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you
are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an
assessment, please email email@example.com to request