ShopRite - Meat Wrapper Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while wrapping,
packaging, scaling, and price marking merchandise in the Meat
Department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing
department and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient
and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include,
but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 80-90 lbs.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of safe food handling and
demonstrate safe work habits.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require
the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above.
These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work
- Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly;
report any failure immediately.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department;
report any equipment problems immediately.
- Maintain sanitation control according to Company policy.
- Stock merchandise and display cases.
- Must be knowledgeable in the various types of product carried
in the department.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages,
gross margins, and apply concepts of basic math in order to verify
vendor invoices charges and counts.
- Work in an environment that includes continuous duties in
refrigerated cutting rooms and storage areas (relatively high
humidity) with occasional duties in frozen food storage boxes
maintained at temperatures as low as 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) below
- Accurately complete required reports including the daily sales
report, inventory counts, receiving log, and audit forms.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which
may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Meat Department that
weights 35 lbs. and that occasionally weights 80-90 lbs.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights
35 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 80-90 lbs.
- Understand and adhere to all Country of Origin Label (C.O.O.L.)
regulations for all products in the Meat Department.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Meat operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform,
name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates
to Meat Department operations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
- Follow weights and measures guidelines.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating,
preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking
products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy
and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Fills in meat cases when required.
- Removes trash to designated area.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the
essential job functions and general nature of the work being
performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise
this job description at any time and to require Associates to
perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business,
competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This
job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Newark , ShopRite - Meat Wrapper Clerk, Other , Netcong, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!