Summary of Position:
Zelis's Quality Assurance Analyst will provide quality analysis
experience to contribute to the success of all technology
initiatives. The Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for
working in the analysis and testing phases of the software
development lifecycle, consulting with all stakeholders to document
comprehensive test plans, analyze risk to each respective area of
the application, and execute newly documented, as well as,
regression test cases. The role will also be responsible for
measuring quality and identifying metrics to drive continuous
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and execute automated and manual test plans
and scripts for requirement validation, integration, regression,
performance and usability testing of all new features.
- Create test data files with valid and invalid records to
thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow.
- Collaborate with Development and Technical Analysts to ensure
requirements and design are documented clearly and testing steps
are completely understood.
- Engage in the entire software development lifecycle from
requirements to deployment, clearly understanding all features to
be deployed each sprint and ensuring the quality of production
- Communicate QA risks, milestones and status to the project
manager, project team and management.
- Communicate test progress, test results and other relevant
information to project stakeholders and involve the management team
to resolve significant deficiencies or issues in a timely manner as
- Develop quality assurance standards and track quality assurance
- Create, manage, and enhance regression test client and
automated test scenarios.
- Participate in the development and implementation of structured
testing concepts, methodologies, and automated testing and support
- Participate in special projects as necessary.
Follow established HIPAA, Compliance & Security policies.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
Deep understanding of and experience with Agile and SDLC
methodologies used to guide development projects.
Experience generating test data for system testing.
Experience using automated testing tools and concepts.
Experience navigating databases and the ability to run basic
queries to obtain data in support of analysis work
Experience with business and functional/technical requirements
gathering and business process modeling
Effective technical writing skills and exceptional problem
Professional & Interpersonal Skills:
- Advanced Analytical Skills - Uses sound and logical judgement
to identify and analyze complex, multi-dimensional problems and
drive requirements and solution design decisions.
- Teamwork/Collaboration - Developing and using collaborative
relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Collaborate at all levels of the organization. Willingness to help
others, as needed, to make the team and each deployment
- Communication - Communicating accurately and effectively both
in oral and written form. Practicing active listening. Expressing
thoughts and ideas with confidence and respecting opposing
- Managing Work - Ability to self-direct and multitask in a fast
paced, ever-changing environment. Identifying more critical and
less critical activities and tasks; adjust priorities as
appropriate. Makes preparations and manages schedule to ensure
goals are met. Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Technical/Professional Learning - Keeping up with current
developments and trends in the field. Demonstrating strong desire
to advance in field and apply new acquired knowledge in role.
- Living the Vision and Values - Keeping the company's vision and
values at the forefront of decision-making and action.
Sit for long periods of time
Work long hours and flexible schedule when needed
Use standard office equipment
Zelis is a healthcare and financial technology growth company
and market-leading provider of claims cost management and payments
optimization solutions to price, pay and explain healthcare claims.
Zelis delivers integrated network analytics, network solutions,
payment integrity, electronic payments and claims communications
for payers, healthcare providers and consumers in the medical,
dental and workers' compensation markets nationwide. Zelis is
backed by Parthenon Capital Partners and Bain Capital.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by