Senior Firmware Engineer
Company: Schneider Electric
Posted on: June 7, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: (overall purpose/objective of job)
We are seeking a strong and versatile senior firmware engineer
who is driven to design, develop, and support our microcontroller
based embedded software. Our electronics team is focused on
developing embedded and applications software solutions for
transfer switch and/or Power Control System products and
components. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and
motivated by the idea of working on custom solutions with cutting
edge technologies that make a difference. The candidate will be a
part of the Electronics Engineering team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (basic job requirements)
- Develop microcontroller/microprocessor based embedded software
utilizing high level languages such as C, C++.
- Work through all phases of the software product development
lifecycle (gathering requirements, design, development, testing,
validation, and maintenance)
- Analyze, enhance, customize, and adapt current products and
solutions for electronic control and communication products.
- Participate in the design, development, testing and
documentation of new cross-platform user interfaces, API's and
- Performs periodic code review and version control and maintains
good documentation of the product under development
- Conducts industry research on new technology and solutions
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (soft skills, specific knowledge)
- 5+ years of progressive software engineering experience working
- Sound understanding of 8 & 32 bit microprocessors, their
capabilities and proper application.
- Familiarity with RTOS operation and implementation.
- Working knowledge of TTL, USB, RS232, R485, CAN, Ethernet
and/or other communication networking interfaces
- Experience with industrial communications protocols such as
MODBUS and OPC preferred.
- Comfort architecting new software solutions
- Fundamental understanding of analog and digital
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience working with embedded Linux platforms (Raspberry Pi,
Beaglebone, or others)
- Experience developing Qt applications
- Experience developing embedded webpages
- Experience integrating electrical and mechanical systems with
microprocessors, sensors, and actuators desired.
- Experience with hardware test equipment for debugging and
validation, to include oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum
- Proficient using personal computers with office applications,
and analysis tools.
- Proficient using compilers, debuggers, programmers, other
software development tools.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or equivalent
Keywords: Schneider Electric, Newark , Senior Firmware Engineer, Other , Morristown, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!