ShopRite - Liquor Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while safely and
efficiently stocking and handling and rotating product in the
Liquor Department; to perform other tasks as required in a timely
and safe manner according to Company policy and State regulations
as it pertains to the sale of liquor.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 80 lbs.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require
the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above.
These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Liquor Department
- Adhere to all Federal, State and Local regulations as they
pertain to the Liquor Department operation.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy, including uniform,
name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling unpackaged foods.
- Transport product to aisle and stock shelves according to tag
allocation and department standards.
- Open boxes of product using case cutter as appropriate.
- Remove cardboard to baler area and operate baler.
- Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to Company
policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable
items, and sell by date.
- Ensure proper price tags and signs are displayed with
- Keep shelves and displays fully stocked and faced at all
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
- Understand operation of cash register and follow all cash
- Process all forms of payments (i.e. cash, credit, checks, EBT,
WIC, rain checks, coupons, vouchers, gift cards, etc.) in
accordance with Company guidelines.
- Properly bag Customer's orders safely and efficiently.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights
25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 80 lbs.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Liquor Department
that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 80 lbs.
- Check prices, and be knowledgeable about location of items in
- Accurately and quickly collect proper payment and provide
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
- Recognize and be knowledgeable about various types of products
carried in the store.
- Stand in designated work station for duration of scheduled
shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates
to Liquor Department operations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards, and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department;
report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the
essential job functions and general nature of the work being
performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise
this job description at any time and to require Associates to
perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business,
competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This
job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Newark , ShopRite - Liquor Clerk, Other , Succasunna, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!