Sr. Financial Analyst (Life/Health)
Company: A.M. Best
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Sr. Financial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and
assigning ratings to domestic and some international life and
annuity companies. They will analyze and report on the financial
strength of a portfolio of companies, under the guidance and
support of an analytical team leader, as well as mentoring more
junior analysts. They must act at all times with the highest
standards of professional excellence, ethics and integrity.
- Conduct thorough, objective and efficient industry and company
research in respect of increasingly complex financial and
non-financial information, including audited financial statements,
public accounts and other relevant management information.
- Produce timely, high quality credit reports to support the
assigned ratings, documenting analysis and recommendations to be
reviewed and updated by the analytical team leader.
- Present analysis at rating committee meetings demonstrating
good judgment in communicating rating recommendations.
- Conduct on-going monitoring and surveillance of assigned
portfolios, including rating changes, market/industry/regulatory
developments, news events etc. identifying early warning signs that
need to be brought to committee for event driven rating
- Keep up to date with relevant industry, market and professional
developments through continued professional development and
learning, including, for example, undertaking research, attending
seminars, market briefings and presentations etc.
- Manage the relationship with rated companies, including leading
management meetings, clearly communicating rating outcomes and
effective management of expectations.
- Proactively identify areas for performance or process
improvement, recommending actions and positively contributing to
the implementation of changes.
- Continue to develop a network of contacts in the insurance
market (clients, brokers, regulators and prospects) utilizing
contacts as a source of informal market research.
- Maintain or work to develop strong analytical skills through a
professional designation and continuing education (CFA, Actuarial,
MBA, CLU, FLMI, FRM, etc.)
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
- 5 to 7 years Financial Analysis experience in life insurance or
rating agency, or related experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Actuarial, Accounting or
Economics is required.
- 3 plus years' of financial analysis experience or related
experience is required.
- Experienced in conducting financial analysis, ideally within
another credit rating agency, the insurance industry, financial
services sector, or a financial services consulting firm.
- Math, accounting, financial or economics background preferred
with knowledge of financial ratios and financial statement
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office with excellent
organizational and administrative skills.
- Advanced degree or professional designation is preferred (CFA,
Actuarial, MBA, CLU, FLMI, FRM, etc.).
- Developed analytical skills and knowledge of financial markets
and economic/industry trends. Strong written and verbal
communication skills in English. Experience presenting in a
conference setting is a plus. Evidence of developing and managing
professional relationships with external stakeholders. Self-starter
and pro-active in bringing new ideas and solutions to the table and
aggressively seeking knowledge. Demonstrated ability to manage own
time efficiently and effectively, and be able to multitask, absorb
ideas and facts quickly, while maintaining a strict eye for
Keywords: A.M. Best, Newark , Sr. Financial Analyst (Life/Health), Other , Oldwick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!