Manager, Rating Systems
Company: A.M. Best
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Manager is responsible for planning, management and
execution of IT applications and services within AM Best's Rating
workflow and related processes. They are required to deliver
effective and efficient solutions that enable rating analysts to
manage and publish credit ratings and credit reports.
- Develop direct reports and overall team, utilizing resources to
their full potential and placing staff in the best position to
- Direct and motivate staff, ensuring high level of performance,
operational effectiveness quality, customer satisfaction, adoption
and proficiency on required technologies.
- Drive proactive collaboration at management levels between IT
and Rating Divisions.
- Develop, direct and mentor direct reports to accomplish
"business as usual" workload along with forward thinking strategic
- Review, revise and suggest improvements on overall project
management for the department workload.
- Support rating management and oversight of the entire process,
including adherence to all regulatory and compliance requirements
- Oversee and direct the implementation, support, business
analysis, ongoing development, change management, testing and
documentation of the Rating Systems application and services.
- Evaluate current resources, skill sets, technologies and
platforms in place with an eye toward bringing on more relevant and
mainstream software development options into the mix that meet the
organization's strategic business needs.
- Responsible for the overall planning, management, and
development of effective and reliable Rating Systems.
- Ensure adequate requirements, schedules, resources, etc. for
- Achieve measurable improvements in the department's
capabilities and effectiveness to satisfy expanding workloads and
demands for services within the Rating Division teams.
- Analyze and anticipate needs, identify solutions for a global
- Create, maintain and update standardized policies for system
design and development.
- Review and provide options to improve existing methods to
manage customer requests and issues across systems.
- Assess new opportunities, analyze and document requirements
utilizing in-depth technical knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Information Systems, or equivalent
- At least 5 years' of high-level experience managing employees
and medium to large projects within an IT environment, working with
and directing application and system development teams.
- Application and database development experience. (10-15
- Work in partnership with departmental management in strategic
and business planning.
- Expertise in: Oracle PL/SQL; ASP.NET/CORE; C #.Net, VB.NET;
WCF. Web API, and Micro-services
- Knowledge of SQL Server a plus. As is knowledge of MS Azure
- Enable business process efficiency by proactively coordinating
with other departments to determine opportunities and implement
strategies to improve productivity through the utilization of
technology. Act in alignment with user needs and system
functionality to contribute to organizational effectiveness. Work
in partnership with management in strategic and business planning.
Expertise in project management, including medium to large
projects. Maintain the highest level of customer service to both
the staff and members. Oversee and direct the implementation,
support, business analysis, ongoing development, change management,
testing and documentation of the organization's rating related
systems and services. Effectively and proactively collaborates with
staff at all levels of the organization to devise and implement
solutions for highest operational effectiveness. Maintain and
execute the company's ongoing - and constantly evolving -
multi-year technology strategy. Stay current on technology trends.
Identifies technologies that can innovate and transform the
organization's information systems and assists management in
developing short and long-range IT plans, goals, objectives, etc.
Recommend changes or modifications to various systems and
recommends new system enhancements designs and procedures. Strong
oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to
effectively convey complex information.
Keywords: A.M. Best, Newark , Manager, Rating Systems, Other , Oldwick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!