Assistant Controller I
Company: Kroll Technologies, LLC
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight
and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and
practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think
globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we
encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your
place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative
work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to
share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real
impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
We are looking for an accounting professional capable of
managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and
fluid organization. The successful candidate is expected to be
highly organized, skilled at communicating to all levels of the
organization, working cross functionally, and presenting
information in a logical, strategic way to the Finance Leadership
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and
maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize
the value of your career.
Additionally, the candidate must have experience and expertise
in accounting operations with a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
consolidations, and internal controls gained in a combination of
public accounting and public company environments. This role will
interact with internal customers (e.g., regional controllers,
business units, accounting operations and financial reporting
staff) to understand new transactions/business changes and provide
We value committed, detail-oriented and thoughtful individuals
who bring operational excellence as well as a creative and mindful
approach to their work.
- Managing the day to day accounting operations and shared
services (general accounting, accounts payables, and payroll)
- Oversee the Month-end/Quarterly/Year-end close processes
- Review journal entries, including those related to gross
margin, SG&A expenses, equity compensation, capital assets,
debt, and intercompany accounts and provide feedback to the
- Review monthly reconciliations for high risk accounts
- Manage the consolidation of monthly financial statements,
including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement and
- Assist in preparation of monthly management reports, indicating
financial trends, opportunities and potential risks to help the
growth of the business
- Collaborate with VP Technical Accounting on the design and
implementation of accounting policies and procedures
- Present critical and/or material accounting matters to the
Global Corporate Controller and MD Finance
- Assist in the quarterly Forecast and annual budget
- Champion oversight of deliverables to external auditors in the
annual audit process and assist in providing financial information
to support preparation of the annual report
- Collaborate on preparation of annual statutory accounts of all
- 15 years of experience in Accounting/Auditing, including Big 4
public accounting experience required 10 years of
- Experience with a public company, with emphasis on accounting
operations, consolidations, and financial and operational internal
- Leadership, strong results orientation, creativity, excellent
analytical and financial skills and outstanding communication
skills required. Must be willing and able to create change and
develop processes through indirect reporting relationships. Must be
able to influence executive level management and lead, direct and
- Strong working knowledge of technical accounting literature and
its application to revenue recognition, business combinations,
equity-based compensation, foreign currency translation, hedging
activities, investments, debt and other related topics.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- BS Degree in Accounting (MBA in Accounting or Finance a
- CPA required.
- Professional services industry experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, productively
collaborating with relevant teams as necessary to manage priorities
and meet deadlines.
- Capacity to work with cross-functional peers and other members
- A positive outlook, a natural intellectual curiosity and a
drive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to be a creative business partner in supporting rapid
- Good judgment and discretion.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and process
- Strong written, verbal communication, listening and
- Proficiency in PC based software/windows applications such as
Microsoft Office products - Excel, Microsoft Outlook. Experience
with Lawson financial accounting systems a plus.
- Ability to think critically and recognize discrepancies and
anomalies through analysis.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you
must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in
employment. We will not discriminate between applications for
reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color,
nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status, age or disability.
Keywords: Kroll Technologies, LLC, Newark , Assistant Controller I, Other , Morristown, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!