Restaurant General Manager
Company: Highgate Hotels
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
This position is responsible for providing leadership as the
General Manager of the Blue Morel Restaurant & Wine Bar, Bar, Opus
Caf and Room Service, at a level that meets or exceeds revenue
goals while ensuring guest satisfaction. The Restaurant General
Manager works in collaboration with the Director of Operations and
General Manager and is responsible for the daily operation and
excellent customer service. The Restaurant General Manager will
work directly with the Executive Chef and General Manager on menu
revisions and service delivery.
- Trains, supervises and directs staff in all restaurant
operations, including Room Service, Wine Room, Bar and Opus
- Communicates effectively, both oral and written, to provide
clear directions to staff on policies and procedures for all facets
of the operation.
- Assigns and instructs service staff in the specific details of
work. Monitors performance and focuses on areas of
- Effectively communicates with staff and other Managers to
ensure successful operation of the department.
- Establishes a professional relationship with employees,
supports and coaches and acknowledges performance to establish and
maintain high morale and a positive environment.
- Plans and directs the functions of administration for all food
& beverage and related activity to meet the daily needs of the Blue
Morel restaurant and hotel.
- Manages the daily activities within the restaurant and
applicable areas to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction,
while meeting or exceeding revenue projections.
- Understands and utilizes forecasting to satisfy staffing needs
for the daily operation that result in maximum profitability.
- Provides the training and tools to do the job.
- Collaborates in the development of Standard Operating
Procedures for Food & Beverage service while ensuring compliance
with federal, state local and hotel's own practices including TIPS
- Monitors customer feedback on product quality and service
delivery in order to improve and excel in all areas of customer
satisfaction. Makes decisions based on sound judgment and
compliance with State and Federal laws, brand standards and hotel
- Participates in the MOD program
- Other duties as assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge and skills
and be able to demonstrate the ability and confidence necessary to
perform the essential functions of the job.
- Minimum of three years of restaurant management experience,
preferably in a full-service Union hotel.
- TIPS certified and experience in the areas of wine service and
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities or
information in order to improve known practices or develop new
- Ability to make decisions based on brand standards, policies
and procedures and applicable State and Federal laws.
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills,
both verbal and written.
- Must remain current with industry and hospitality trends.
- Must possess a passion for excellence, exemplifying the service
culture and guest experience.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and basic computational
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Point of Sale systems is preferred.
- Experience with Opentable.com is preferred.
- Union experience preferred.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Newark , Restaurant General Manager, Other , Morristown, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!