Associate Director, ILS
Company: A.M. Best
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Associate Director (AD), Insurance Linked Securities Group
(ILS Group), will lead the ratings activities associated with
specialized insurers, structured finance, and other
entities/products related to the convergence of capital markets and
insurance. The AD will also be involved with creating innovative
analytical solutions for new initiatives in the ILS group in
conformance with AM Best's ratings methodologies and criteria
procedures. As the leader of an analytical team in the ILS Group,
the AD is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the group
maintains the highest standards of professional excellence and
fulfills AM Best's regulatory obligations as a Nationally
Recognized Statistical Ratings Organization.
- Provide managerial and analytical leadership, establish and
communicate performance expectations, and set a clear vision and
operational plan to efficiently deliver organizational
- Devise creative solutions to analytical challenges faced by the
ILS Group with bespoke transactions in accordance with ratings
criteria and methodologies.
- Manage the rating process for securities and insurance
companies rated by the ILS Group while ensuring that AM Best's
quality, timeliness and compliance standards are consistently met
- Assist in a range of operational and planning initiatives.
- Contribute to building AM Best's brand and reputation by
representing AM Best in a variety of platforms including seminars,
conferences, special reports, analytical comments, and insurance
industry and structured finance events.
- Provide thought leadership to internal and external customers
and clients on key topics within the scope of the ILS Group's
- Participate in rating committees and ensuring that company
procedures and standards are consistently followed.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of internal
policies and practices.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are understood and
followed by rating analysts.
- Establish and develop positive relationships with external
stakeholders including bankers, regulators, brokers, consultants
and rated companies in order to build and maintain industry and
local market intelligence.
- Keep up to date with relevant industry, market and professional
developments through continued professional development and
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- 7-10 years of financial analysis or related experience in an
insurance company, rating agency, or financial institution is
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or
- Advanced degree or professional designation is preferred (CFA,
Actuarial, MBA, ACAS, etc.).
- Experienced in conducting financial analysis, ideally within
the insurance industry, financial services sector, or a financial
services consulting firm.
- Experience with the rating agency process is a plus.
- Solid understanding of insurance industry is expected.
- The candidate should have an aptitude for
quantitative/statistical methods. Experience with Matlab or a
strong aptitude for learning to use the application for modeling
purposes. Superior report writing skills which incorporate the
ability to perform independent research, data analysis and critical
thinking tasks Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
required. Strong knowledge of property/casualty actuarial methods.
Advanced analytical skills and knowledge of financial
markets/insurance industry. Good communication skills and an
ability to interact effectively with internal and external clients.
Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
Self-starter and pro-active in bringing new ideas and solutions to
the table and actively seeking knowledge. Demonstrated ability to
manage own time efficiently and effectively.
Keywords: A.M. Best, Newark , Associate Director, ILS, Other , Oldwick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!