Environmental Aide I
Company: Atlantic Health System
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Hackettstown Medical Center, a member of
Atlantic Health System, is seeking a Full-time Environmental
Aide. Required hours are 8am- 4pm, including every other
- Maintains friendly, efficient, Spirit of Service attitude
toward customers, co-workers and clients.
- Checks EVS cart, ensures proper chemicals and supplies are
abundant. All chemical bottles are properly labeled and dated.
- May perform the following tasks as required: Clean floors,
walls, patient rooms including bathrooms, public bathrooms, OR
- May perform the following tasks as required remove trash, bring
soiled linen to soiled linen area, disperse clean linen to patient
areas where clean linen is stored.
- Is trained on how to complete a terminal cleaning, isolation
- Is trained properly how to use all machinery in the department
including the auto scrubber, wax applicator, floor stripper,
burnishing machine and micro mop and standard mop.
- Has been trained in use of specific chemicals, potential
hazards, what and where the Material Safety data Sheets are stored
and how to read them.
- Has Been trained in cleaning the Cath Lab, including terminal
- Trained on Vocera, iPhone, and Rover use
- Has been trained in OR room cleaning, OR Fire Safety, OR
Protocols and Disinfecting
- Removes trash from all areas of the hospital and transports to
- Adheres to all established systems and training programs to
provide a safe environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and
other local, state and federal regulations.
- Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific
needs of patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of
specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State
and local regulations and guidelines including the Civil Rights Act
of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of
1967, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as
- Performs all other related duties to the job
- HS diploma or GED equivalent required or will obtain within 2
years of employment.
- Must be able to read,
write and speak English effectively. Ability to apply elementary
math functions. Ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to work well under time constraints.
- The work environment
characteristics described in the following tables are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme
cold and extreme heat and stands for long periods of time, bends,
pushes and pulls up to 50 lbs.
Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care
combined with the best experience for our patients and their
families. We are confident that you will find success within
Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 13th year in a
row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We
believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care
exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal
employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or
subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect
applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion,
discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification,
referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or
expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or
nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics,
protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.
Keywords: Atlantic Health System, Newark , Environmental Aide I, Other , Hackettstown, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!