Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Howmet Aerospace is currently looking an Electrician A to join
our Dover Casting group in Dover, New Jersey.
This is a Midnight Shift position; scheduled hours are Sunday -
Thursday 10:30 PM - 7:00 AM. Training may be on Day shift.
This position provides electrical support to the plant and takes
preventative measures to maintain functioning electrical
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and
policy statements and accompanying principles.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job-related illness and injuries (Per Employee
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your
supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain and install electrical systems and equipment as
specified by supervision or Senior Electrician; such as motors,
transformers, wiring, switches, heaters, alarm systems, etc.
- Inspect circuits and wiring for specified shielding and
grounding and repair or rewire system according to building codes
and safety regulations;
- Proficient in P.M. of all electrical equipment in the
- Possess some knowledge of programmable controllers and
- Assist in the training of equal or less senior
- May be requested to perform minor Mechanical Maintenance
functions when necessary.
- Must properly complete and abide to all safety procedures and
training classes provided as standard to all Maintenance colleagues
within the department;
- Applies knowledge of the plant power and light systems to
locate and evaluate electrical malfunctions and repairs same by
such methods as replacing burnt out elements and fuses, bypassing
or replacing defective wiring, cleaning and adjusting contact
- Assist in the layout and wiring of new installations.
- Maintain all assigned work areas in as clean, orderly and safe
condition as circumstances allow.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED
- Requires lifting/carrying of up to 50 lbs. on an occasional
basis (up to 33% of an 8-hour day) from waist to knuckle
- Requires lifting of up to 70 lbs. on an occasional basis (up to
33% of an 8-hour day) from floor to waist height.
- Any weights over 70 lbs. require the use of assistive devices
and/second person assist.
- Push/Pull forces of up to 200 lbs. involving tools, parts and
other service requirements.
- This job requires the use of a face piece to face respirator
and therefore, you must be clean shaven in the areas where the face
piece meets the face.
EQUIPMENT USED: Simpson VOM, Recording Ammeters, Small Hand
Tools, Megger, Conduit Bender, Computer, Hand Type Ammeters and
Howmet Aerospace, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is
a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the
aerospace and transportation industries. The Company's primary
businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening
systems and titanium structural parts necessary for
mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and
defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial
transportation. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of
more fuel-efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable
ground transportation. For more information, visit www.howmet.com.
Follow @howmet: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and
Howmet Dover Casting is a world-class supplier of complex,
investment-cast turbine airfoils and other components for the
aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine industries. Howmet Dover
Alloy is a world-class supplier of vacuum and air-melted nickel-
and cobalt-based superalloys to aerospace, gas turbine, medical and
other high-technology industrial markets.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates
residing within 50 miles radius of Dover, NJ will only be
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Requires a minimum of 4 years of work experience in a
Manufacturing Environment in an electrician role.
- Possess working knowledge of electrical code requirements.
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Newark , Electrician A, Other , Dover, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!