Cook (CYS) NA-06
Company: Department of Defense
Location: Picatinny Arsenal
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Area of Consideration for this announcement is those that
live in the surrounding area or who are willing to commute to
Picatinny Arsenal. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) /Involuntarily
Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates
are included in the area of consideration.)
Learn more about this agency
- Applies knowledge and skill to assist in planning and
implementing a comprehensive food service program that follows the
policies and procedures of the USDA Child and Adult Care Food
- Performs a variety of food preparation and cooking tasks such
as cleaning, paring, peeling, slicing, dicing; grilling, frying,
baking broiling, pouring liquids and mixing ingredients.
- Prepares and cooks a variety of more complicated/time consuming
foods such as meats poultry, seafood, vegetables, stews,
casseroles, gravies, sauces, and baked goods following standard
- Works with Food and Nutrition Specialists to prepare menus and
submit food orders and purchase requests.
- Assist with "on the job training" of other kitchen staff
members and serves as consultant to youth cooking clubs/health and
fitness programs as required, and follows risk management
Conditions of Employment
- Must be at least 18 years old or a 17 year old dependent of a
Service member or Department of Defense Civilian Employee.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/physical/background requirements
for this position.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental
and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and
immunizations in accordance with current Army and DoD policy
including annual influenza vaccinations.
- A one year probationary period may be required (either
initially or upon conversion, if applicable).
- Successful completion of annual training requirements within
the prescribed time frame and demonstrated on the job competence is
- May be subject to an irregular hours, evening and or
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify)
- Complete and signed DA 3433 is required prior to entrance on
- Work involves continual standing and walking, frequent
stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, and bending.
- Work is performed in kitchen areas, which are well lighted but
are often hot and noisy. Employee is exposed to steam, fumes, odors
from cooking, and to extreme temperature changes when entering
walk-in refrigerators or freezing units.
- Must be able to lift or move objects up to 40 pounds
unassisted, and occasionally lift or move objects weighing over 40
pounds with the assistance of other workers or lifting
- Must stand on tile floor, subject to burns, cuts, bruises, and
slipping on wet floors.
A minimum of 6 months of work experience directly related to the
duties described above, that included skill in working with
professional kitchen appliances and equipment. Be able to
communicate (verbal and written) in English. Ability to lift and
carry up to 40 lbs. on a routine basis.
Highly preferred candidates will possess 6 months of experience
working in an institutional kitchen setting and will be sent first
The full position description can be found here.
This job does not have an education qualification
Keywords: Department of Defense, Newark , Cook (CYS) NA-06, Other , Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!