Performs all duties to maintaining general cleanliness and
safety on the floor, in seating areas, restrooms, and back offices.
All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive
company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient
service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions
must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard
Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and
able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job
descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values
and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and
initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and
safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties
required in the department.
* Provides excellent maintenance service.
* Performs all duties on the daily and weekly maintenance
* Supports all teams with cleaning projects.
* Performs minor repairs and improvements.
* Participates in ordering supplied required for store
* Helps with cleaning emergencies.
* Helps maintain the store's landscaping and parking lot.
* Performs continual cleaning of all store departments.
* Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed,
dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends
required trainings and meetings.
* Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
* Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or
* Ability to handle unpleasant tasks with a positive
* Demonstrates concern for the overall appearance of the
* Knowledge of WFM culture, quality standards, core values, and
* Demonstrates a passion for cleanliness
* Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
* Ability to follow instructions and established procedures.
* Ability to maintain professional and appropriate conduct.
* Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
* Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
* Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
* Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals
* No prior retail experience required.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
* In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
* Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
* Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
* Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
* Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit
(freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90
* Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights,
weekends, and holidays as needed.
* Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general
summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not
meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job
duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as
one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required
at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to
the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and
other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on
business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or
needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate
successful performance in their current position before being
considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a
higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist
and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for
the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as
obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current
position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role
do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment
opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status,
disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole
Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on
qualifications for the position to be filled and business