Business Continuity Leader
Company: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Job Summary: The Leader of Business Continuity will oversee the
Enterprise Resilience and Continuity program focused on the
coordination of Emergency Management, Crisis Management, Business
Continuity and Disaster Recovery. This includes the assessment,
development & communication of recovery requirements and business
resumption planning across the organization to protect the company
in the event that its workforce, facilities or technology resources
are unavailable due to an unforeseen disruption. This role will
provide leadership across the enterprise's technology and business
units in resilience and risk mitigation. This individual will lead
the development and implementation of the business unit contingency
plans across the organization and its critical business partners
(vendors) which provides workaround procedures to mitigate any
operational risk associated with reduction in the workforce,
complete or partial failure of facilities, technology systems, or
applications related to an unforeseen disruption. This position is
responsible for the overall coordination of the organization's
response to a crisis, in an effective, timely manner, with the goal
of avoiding or minimizing damage to the organization's
profitability, reputation, and ability to operate.
- Direct the development and maintenance of the Enterprise
Resilience and Continuity program. This includes the development
and validation of methodologies, to ensure the enterprise's ability
to respond and recover, in the event of an unforeseen disruption to
the workforce, facilities, technology systems, or
- Subject Matter Lead, responsible for providing guidance and
direction to Horizon leadership to enhance contingency plans,
mitigate the effects of a technology system or application failures
or problems. Ensures that Horizon can continue operations, satisfy
regulatory obligations, manage assets, and maintain presence in the
- Collaborate closely with the Legal & Security team to ensure
the program is meeting and delivering all needed elements of
existing or future audit and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure continued operations, asset protection, and loss
mitigation in the event of a disruption, and oversee the
coordinating activities of technology resources with the company's
business units and development groups, as required.
- Direct crisis communications between the critical operations
required including the Enterprise Resilience Office, BCM Divisional
Coordinators, Corporate Security, Facilities Management,
Information Technology Operations, Technology Architecture and
Engineering Systems, and Systems Application Program
- Lead impact assessment and continuity planning meetings with
- Facilitate and oversee the development of overall drill and
testing plans to ensure the effectiveness of the BC Plan and DR
Plan, and schedule, coordinate attend, and conduct the drill and
testing in cooperation with the relevant departments.
- Lead periodic simulated disasters and walkthrough exercises to
assist in the validation of the crisis response, recovery plans and
- Coordinates business participation in disaster recovery
- Complete Call Tree Notification Exercises, Unannounced Remote
Equipment Checks, System Workaround Tests, Recovery Site Tests;
document a schedule of tests for the year and maintain/execute the
- Oversee the timely identification, escalation, resolution, and
follow-up for all outstanding issues.
- Provide recommendations to department heads for enhancing,
formalizing, and standardizing the business planning process,
including forecasting and tracking mechanisms, to facilitate timely
accommodation of future company recovery requirements and
- Direct all departmental operational activities, including
status reporting, budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning,
and, documentation. Define and monitor metrics and control plans to
show achievement of BCM KPI's. Benchmark industry best practices
and drive continuous improvement.
- Monitor news sites and social media for activity that may
trigger potential events. Advise leadership of potential credible
- Develop, organize and facilitate training for employees on the
business recovery plan to ensure that everyone knows how to react
if a disaster occurs.
- Maintain accountability and oversight of the business
continuity management and emergency notification software systems
including contract negotiations, vendor relations, integrations,
configuration and functionality.
- Oversee enterprise-wide initiatives, as assigned by leadership.
- Requires bachelor's degree, preferably in Business
Administration, Disaster Resilience, Emergency Management, or
- Master's degree preferred.
- Requires minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience or
direct experience in an Enterprise Resilience/Business Continuity
- Experience in an IT environment with knowledge of Disaster
Recovery concepts preferred.
- Requires Certified Business Continuity Planner
- Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII), Business
Continuity Institute (BCI), or other business continuity
professional association (desired)
- Prefers knowledge of Horizon BCBSNJ's project management
methodologies, tools, and practices.
- Requires knowledge of strategic planning concepts.
- Requires knowledge in program management
- Requires knowledge of the health insurance industry.
- Prefers knowledge of Horizon's strategic plan, Horizon's three
year plan, division operating plan and Horizon's operating
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and
supporting software in a Windows based environment, including MS
Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and; should be
knowledgeable in the use of intranet and internet
- Preferred proficiency in business continuity management and
emergency notification software.
Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical & Problem Solving Skills
- Interpersonal & Client Relationship Skills
- Oral/Written Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Decision Making
- Conflict Management/Resolution Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or
status as an individual with a disability and any other protected
class as required by federal, state or local law. Posted 15 Days
Ago Full time 2019-1677 About Us Horizon BCBSNJ is the leading
health insurer in New Jersey, trusted by generations of families
and businesses. We are dedicated to enriching the lives and health
of our members and the New Jersey communities we serve, because we
live and work here too.
Keywords: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, Newark , Business Continuity Leader, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!