Automotive Maintenance Clerk
Company: Avis Budget Group
Posted on: February 23, 2021
This clerical position provides general clerical assistance to
the Maintenance department and provides service to both internal
and external customers. This position is responsible for placing
maintenance orders and inputting invoices into the internal
database. Will also track and run reports on maintenance issues
such as oil usage, accident reports, and truck usage by use of MS
Excel. Keep inventory and place parts orders. Performs general
clerical duties such as answering and directing incoming calls,
filing, faxing, and copying. Coordinate, maintain and dispatch the
activities of shuttler drivers over a designated geographic area.
Track shuttler driver hours and input into E-Time as needed. Track
'out of service' trucks, update vendor board and fax accident
reports/rental agreements to Administration center.DUTIES AND
- Accurately input proxy invoices into system, place parts
orders, monitor oil usage and disposal, answer phones, track 'out
of service' trucks, maintain filing, update vendor board, fax
accident reports/rental agreements to Administrative center, data
entry input, coordinate new provider and set up packages and any
other assigned duties.
- Coordinate, maintain and dispatch the activities of shuttler
drivers over a designated geographic area. Track shuttler driver
hours and input into E-Time as needed.
- Track and report productivity of drivers. Coordinate with
maintenance shop and Inventory Manager to move units. Use O2 system
to help IM determine best options for truck movement.
- Compile accident information of all unallocated accident
packages utilizing customer service and investigative skills via
phone, mail and electronic email and forward to manager and
- Track and ensure prompt movement of all sale, wholesale, and
salvage units in assigned area. Monitor all outside vended units in
assigned area for O/S and insure the P.O. process is utilized.
- Keep up to date DIMS and spreadsheets concerning out of service
and in service units.
- Responsible for identifying and tracking movement of sale/trade
trucks from dealer to final locations and gathers consolidate and
verify information for report running.
- Answer telephone inquiries from internal or external customers
(dealers, vendors) utilizing established telephone techniques.
Respond to customer questions and complaints. Resolve problems and
refer unusual or more difficult problems to Maintenance Manager,
Regional Maintenance Manager or Territory Manager for
- Complete and submit required paperwork, including
pick-up/delivery schedule, run reports etc.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area. Maintain a professional
appearance, adhering to company guidelines regarding dress
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.KEY WORKING
RELATIONSHIPSThis position has internal contact primarily with
staff in immediate work group as well as with staff in the service
department and customer relations to relay information. Interacts
with staff at other rental locations, dealers and outside vendors
to gather or relay information regarding vehicles being repaired
and moved.QUALIFICATIONSRequired Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years Office Experience
- Minimum of 1 year previous customer service experience.Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of maintenance is a plus
- Professional phone manner/techniques is a must
- Strong Computer skills is required with Data Entry
- Effective communication skills, including verbal, written and
listening skills. Ability to interact with both internal and
external customers at all levels
- Strong organization skills are required
- Strong time-management and multi-tasking skills and capable of
determining priorities in a fast paced work environmentCompensation
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
- Full training to learn the business and enhance your
- Paid vacations, car rental discounts & much more!If you're
motivated and dependable with a proven track record of success in a
customer care environment, then we can put your career on the map.A
valid driver's license is required for all positions.The fine
print:Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer -
M/F/Veterans/Disabled.This advertisement does not constitute a
promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes
the general nature and level of this position only. Essential
functions and responsibilities may change as business needs
require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget
Keywords: Avis Budget Group, Newark , Automotive Maintenance Clerk, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!