Bayhealth is seeking an RN to work in our Medical Oncology -
Infusion department at both our Kent and Sussex Campuses.
Provides professional nursing care within the Medical Oncology
Department in the Bayhealth Cancer Center locations. Professional
nursing practices, requiring specialized knowledge judgment and
skill are performed using the process in accordance with hospital
policy, procedure and philosophy.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
1) The oncology nurse systematically, accurately, and
continually collects and documents appropriate pertinent data for
each patient visit
2) Administers and monitors treatment regimens to ensure the
right drug is given to the right patient, in the right dose, at the
right time, with the right documentation.
3) Formulates desired outcomes in conjunction with colleagues,
patients, and families and evaluates effectiveness of
4) Is responsible for patient and family education related to
cancer, by informing the patient and family regarding the treatment
5) Systematically evaluates effectiveness of nursing practice
by: participating in quality assessment and improvement activities
and incorporating evidenced-based investigations into practice.
6) Acquires and improves personal knowledge of cancer care and
7) Uses ethical principles as a basis for decision making and
patient advocacy. Nursing practice is guided by the ANA Code of
Nurses, Oncology Nursing Society, and Infusion Nursing guidelines
and ethical principles.
8) Provides an environment that is nonjudgmental and open to the
decisions of the patient and family.
9) Understands the rationale for human subject protection during
10) Assumes the responsibility for billing accuracy and
treatment authorizations. Completes required billing to patient's
accounts in a timely manner at each patient visit.
11) All other duties as assigned, within the scope and range of
Minimum REQUIRED Education and Experience:
Associate Degree and graduate of an accredited nursing
* Must commit to a BSN within timeframe as indicated upon BSN
2 years RN Med/Surg experience.
Prior Oncology experience.
Current Licensure in DE or compact state.
Active ONS (Oncology Nursing Society) Chemotherapy Provider
Card, otherwise must be obtained within 3 months of hire, to be
maintained and updated every two years as designated
OCN certification (must be obtained within 3 years of hire).
Certification at this level must be maintained throughout
Certification in specialty.
Computer literacy with experience in electronic
Experience with EPIC Beacon
Special Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
Ability to effectively communicate. Flexibility and the ability
to demonstrate good work ethics.
Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking
Environmental and Physical Requirements:
Occasional (1-33%): Crawling, Squatting, Bending/Stooping,
Reaching above shoulder height, Crouching, Kneeling, Balancing,
Lifting/Carrying up to 60 lbs., Simple grasping
Frequent (34-66%): Lifting/Carrying up to 10 lbs.,
Pushing/Pulling up to 60 lbs., Firm grasping
Constant (67-100%): Standing, Walking, Reaching
Essential Functions: Standing, Walking, Sitting, Bending,
Kneeling, Reaching, Gripping, Lifting. Exerting up to 60 lbs. force
to lift, carry, push or pull for a two person assist.