Working Location: New Jersey, Newark
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives
and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's
lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
Job Description The Territory Manager will aid in the direct
sales of the company's capital equipment, disposable product line
and service offerings. The incumbent calls on, and is responsive
to, existing and prospective customers, in order to determine
customer s needs, concerns, issues, problems and challenges.
Territory Managers will use this information to provide solutions
to solve customer s issues, while enhancing long term relationships
between customer, company and Territory Manager. He/She is expected
to develop new accounts and grow business in existing accounts
within established geographic territory. The incumbent is expected
to exceed assigned Sales Targets, respond to requests for
information and data from sales management, marketing and corporate
administration. He/She must also understand and work within
boundaries of all corporate policies and guidelines.
Job Duties A typical day for you will include:
* Meeting or exceeding Annual Territory Revenue Sales and Gross
* Organizing and planning territory for efficient and productive
coverage by own initiatives as well as utilizing company's sales
* Maintaining a complete prospect, competitor, customer
database, CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and provide
information to management as needed or requested.
* Establishing and maintaining relationships with physicians,
nurses, hospital management and other areas of surgical
* Utilizing sales presentation skills to sell company products
via consultative selling to customers that generate closing ratios
required to achieve Sales Targets on a quarterly, monthly, period
and annual basis.
* Utilizing company's Promotional Programs, Financing Options,
Placement & Leverage Agreements as well as other company resources
to meet & achieve sales results.
* Properly allocating time within and between all accounts to
ensure attainment of monthly, quarterly, period and annual Sales
Targets in all product categories.
* Completing and maintaining sales paperwork, CRM and other
records in an orderly fashion and submitting in a timely and
* Providing necessary and appropriate post sales and support
service to customers including:
- Installation assistance.
- Training and in servicing on use and operation of
- Troubleshooting problems.
- Liaising between the company and the customers for up to date
condition on pricing, service and latest product release
- Ongoing and routine follow up with customers during pre and
post sales efforts to ensure proper customer company
- Continuous updating all customers on company product
modifications, changes, and enhancements.
* Acquiring, maintaining and expanding knowledge of company's
products, competitive products, clinical procedures and the
surgical market to better meet and serve customers product,
clinical and service needs.
* Representing company at trade association meetings to promote
products and meet with key customers relative to progressing sales
and associated business goals.
* Demonstrating a willingness and openness to help others within
the Region, Area, or Nation for the Urology GYN Business Group.
* Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact
to portray the company in a positive manner.
* Utilizing and maintaining field inventory and other company
assets (laptop computer, etc.) for optimum sales results.
* Reporting customer product experience issues through
appropriate channels in an accurate and timely manner as described
in company's policy and procedures.
* Providing Marketing with technical and market information
gathered through customer contacts.
* Gathering data for new and existing products to help Marketing
satisfy market needs.
* Performing all other essential duties as directed.
Job Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent knowledge.
* Minimum of 2 years of prior sales or marketing experience.
* Prior experience or desire for compensation based on 100%
* Prior sales or marketing experience with medical devices or
within a hospital medical environment is highly preferred.
* Proven track record of success.
* Basic computer skills (MS Office) and strong communication
(verbal & written), interpersonal and organizational skills.
* High degree of initiative and creativity and the ability to
meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to lift and carry heavy equipment (minimum 40 lb).
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why
we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual
bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as
tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption
leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you
can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the
medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as
well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years,
Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and
more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease,
furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and
capturing images of the world.
Olympus' Medical business uses innovative capabilities in
medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision
manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic,
therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical
outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for
patients. Olympus' Medical portfolio includes endoscopes,
laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy
devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide
range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic
applications. For more information, visit
Olympus...True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal
Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit
unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race,
color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran
status, or any other federal, state or local protected
classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || New Jersey (US-NJ) ||