Paralegal - Business Law
Company: Porzio Bromberg & Newman, P.C.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C., a full service law firm located
at 100 Southgate Parkway, Morristown, NJ, seeks a Full-time,
Non-Exempt Paralegal to join its Business Law team. Business Law
Paralegals are responsible for managing complex matters and/or
complex projects and work under the direct supervision of an
attorney. Business Law Paralegals are expected to perform at a high
level of productivity, effectiveness and competence. ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience working on transactional matters such as formation
of entities, preparation of first draft agreements, checklists, due
diligence/document control of sales and purchases of businesses,
loan transactions, and real estate related matters.
- Ability to create Excel related analysis and organizational
charts of companies and their structure.
- Ability to communicate directly with clients and outside
counsel to facilitate a matter.
- Research experience on Lexis or Westlaw (and preferably
Practical Law) to organize and create form contracts and other
- Ability to manage and follow-up on projects with the use of
ASANA based platform (preferred).ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide premium client
service in a cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency in performing factual investigation
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply legal
- Ability to meet with or interview clients.
- Proficiency in project management, including estimating time
needed to complete projects.
- Ability to adhere to general office policies and
- Assist in training, orientation and mentoring of Paralegals and
other support personnel.
- Provide or supervise general clerical support, including filing
- Proficiency in time keeping best practices.
- Proficiency in using firm equipment, including but not limited
to, telephones, photocopy machines, fax machines, binding machines
- Proficiency on all applicable firm computer programs.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned. EDUCATION,
EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Paralegal Certificate, from an ABA-approved program,
- Project management experience or training preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrate mastery of practice area skills, professional
skills, and knowledge of internal operations sufficient to handle
routine matters within individual area of authority using
discretion and initiative.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational and
- Flexibility in daily work schedule to meet company/client needs
during periods of heavy workload.
- Flexibility in schedule to travel on company/client-related
- A valid driver's license and/or ability to transport oneself to
off-site project locations independent of mass transit.We are an
equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Porzio Bromberg & Newman, P.C., Newark , Paralegal - Business Law, Legal , Morristown, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!