Senior Counsel - Corporate Contracts
Company: Power Home Remodeling
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Role Description As the Senior Counsel - Corporate Contracts /
Transactional Law, this attorney is responsible for assisting the
General Counsel and other business and operations units in
researching, reviewing and drafting documents, developing and
implementing operational policies and procedures as well as
providing general legal advice. This is a "hands on" position for a
corporate generalist, the position interacts with fellow in-house
legal personnel and business and operations partners. The position
is located in Chester, Pennsylvania at corporate headquarters for
Power Home Remodeling. The attorney will manage a variety of legal
matters across the organization, provide general counseling to
various business and operations partners, consult with and manage
outside counsel on an as needed basis, and assist the General
Counsel, to whom the Senior Counsel will report. This attorney
performs job duties consistent within safety, legal, and regulatory
requirements as well as Company values, standards, culture and
business practices. This attorney will act with the highest level
of integrity and business and personal ethical standards in all
aspects of job performance. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Work collaboratively with all levels of employees, from front
line to C-Suite, with diverse backgrounds within a fast-paced
- Draft, negotiate and interpret commercial contracts, settlement
agreements, warranties, outsourcing agreements, service-level
agreements, construction contracts, lease agreements and related
services agreement, confidentiality agreements, licensing
agreements, and project-specific agreements with both customers,
vendors and other third parties.
- Review, edit and approve internal and external promotional and
- Understand and provide advice on data privacy laws (including
CCPA, GDPR, TCPA, DNC), general privacy matters, trademark,
copyright and advertising law, and general employment law (as
applicable to outsourcing transactions).
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and
- Participate in and influence the decision-making process with
appropriate clients and stakeholders.
- Identify and assess legal risks and opportunities within and
outside of the organization and advise accordingly.
- Independently handles legal matters and projects ranging from
basic to complex.
- Recognizes when to elevate certain matters to the attention of
the General Counsel.
- Supervise, manage and evaluate outside counsel, when
- Educate clients and stakeholders on legal matters, policies and
procedures and creates and provides training.
- Advocate Power's interests in assigned matters.
- Establish and maintain relationships, credibility and trust
with clients, stakeholders, legal team members and other
- Perform other tasks and demonstrate a passion to learn new
areas of the law, even those not related to transactions or
commercial contracts, as assigned from time to time by the General
- Ability to travel at times, including weekends. Job
Requirements Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Competence as a lawyer; ability to manage heavy workload in a
high-pressure environment and reprioritize with little
- The ability to competently manage multiple projects and
transactions; project management skills; strong personal
accountability, follow-up and initiative.
- Creative problem solving skills with the ability to propose
solutions that are not only legally compliant, but consistent with
business plans and strategies.
- Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
within and across departments and externally; must be proactive in
providing counsel to clients.
- Sound judgment; ability to clearly make reasoned
recommendations; ability to cross think and determine who should be
- Self-starter with developed business acumen and a sense of
urgency, honesty and fairness.
- Team player, patient listener, and calm under pressure with an
eagerness to take on assignments outside of assigned duties.
- Self-confident and inspires confidence from clients. Required
Education & Experience:
- Must have a JD degree from an accredited law school and
admitted to practice in Pennsylvania.
- Must have a minimum of seven years of substantive corporate
contracts and/or transactional experience with a corporate legal
department or a nationally recognized law firm.
- Must have in-house experience of no less than 2 years.
- Must have experience in counseling clients on a variety of
contractual and transactional experience.
- Committed to being a legal business partner to internal
- Previous experience representing a sales organization, start-up
or closely held company a plus. Power Home Remodeling Group is an
equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse
and talented workforce. Thanks again for your interest in PHRG.
PHRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in our
Keywords: Power Home Remodeling, Newark , Senior Counsel - Corporate Contracts, Legal , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!