Finance Manager Financial Planning and Analysis
Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: May 26, 2023
When you join VerizonVerizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing...Chief Digital and Informational
Officer - Financial Planning and Analysis TeamAs part of the
consolidations team, you will be supporting the Global Technology
Solutions organization in maximizing the value that can be
delivered to the business units within the financial constraints of
This includes annual financial planning, quarterly outlooks,
monthly budget vs actuals analysis, and ad-hoc activities to
support informed business decisions. The team manages both capital
and expense-related spending and provides strategic insights and
Time reporting for full-time employees, time and material
contractors, third-party statement of work contracts, hardware and
software procurement, building and facilities are large parts of
the organization spend. Accounting treatments, contract analysis,
and business processes are also areas of involvement for the
Financial Planning and Analysis team.Financial Planning and
Analysis- Corporate and Business Unit TeamMove beyond compiling
data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit
facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business
partnering and insights, while growing your Financial Planning and
Analysis leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a
business partner and your contributions will make a difference.
You'll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions
and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can
have an impact on new business growth opportunities through the
development of business case scenarios.
- Owning the development and communication of the plan and
forecast, financial reporting, operational analysis, and executive
reviews for Actuals, Business Plan, Commitment View, and Best
- Evaluating business results and serving as a functional
specialist to the business client to provide strategic guidance and
insights during the analysis process.
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert to complex business
performance issues to define and execute action plans.
- Accountable for making decisions and recommendations to ensure
the quality and delivery of all the products and services.
- Interpreting and evaluating monthly analyses of business
trends, including budget variance of financial results and Key
Performance Indicators to identify areas of risk and opportunities
and provide recommendations.
- Partnering with the business to develop costing/profitability
models and reports.
- Assessing the impact of strategic financial decisions and
presenting recommendations to leadership.
- Designing, developing, and implementing methods and strategies
to continually improve processes.
- Assessing customer/product profitability and driving profit
- Developing and accessing business cases for pricing on
investment decisions, providing insights and support to the
- Assessing capital requirements, developing capital planning,
and providing recommendations on capital allocation.
- Presenting and communicating to all levels of the business.What
we're looking for...You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics, or
four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.Even better if you have
one or more of the following:
- A Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- A high degree of analytical capability with the proven ability
to structure business cases around a high-level strategic
- Strong strategic skills, with the proven ability to identify
and assess key points, implications, and recommendations.
- An advanced understanding of corporate financial planning,
reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of common business and cost
drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices, and
International Financial Reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives,
root cause analysis, and project management.
- Proficiency in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and
Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Experience leading large and complex team projects with minimal
direct supervision.If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for
you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even
better" qualification listed above.Where you'll be workingIn this
hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work
from home and assigned office days set by your manager.Scheduled
Weekly Hours40Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an
equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees'
differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us
stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon, Newark , Finance Manager Financial Planning and Analysis, IT / Software / Systems , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...