Business Intelligence Developer
Company: New Jersey Institute of Technology
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Business Intelligence Developer
Director, Business Intelligence
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is
a member of the Business Intelligence team within the Information Services
& Technology division of NJIT, one of the premier technical institutes in
US, recognized nationally for its commitment to technology research.
Reporting to the Director of Business Intelligence, the Business Intelligence
Developer will develop and manage NJIT's information management lifecycle
focusing on architecting, designing and developing BI artifacts and related
technologies. Working with campus partners, the Analytics team and other tech
teams, he, she or they will play a key role in developing and providing best
practices for business intelligence, reporting and analytics. The BI Developer will also provide support
for data integration and data management activities ensuring all efforts and
products move the University towards meeting its strategic goals. This is a
unique opportunity for someone with a passion for analytics, reporting, data
architecture and development utilizing NJIT's next generation data platform.
This individual is expected to also collaborate with functional leads and
other technology groups in bringing modern analytics to the University. The
successful candidate will keep abreast of emerging analytical and cloud
technology trends and take an active interest in professional development to
ensure their skills stay current. All duties will need to be performed in
accordance with university policies, procedures and core values.
- Working with campus partners, the Director of Business Intelligence, and technical leads within the Information Services & Technology division, design, develop and implement key components for NJIT's new analytics platform focusing on business intelligence solutions.
- Provide technical recommendations to Director of Business Intelligence. With the Director of Business Intelligence, engage with campus partners and other stakeholders throughout the requirements gathering and implementation lifecycle and recommend effective solutions to develop high performance and highly scalable data and reporting solutions.
- Provide expertise in data modeling for reporting. Assist and integrate data governance and master data management efforts into the reporting platform.
- Bring new technology solutions to the team as it relates to technology platforms supporting analytics and business intelligence at NJIT.
- Identify opportunities to add value to NJIT's business intelligence environment through effective use of information management best practices.
- Work with technical leads across the Information Services & Technology division to strengthen the data systems, incorporating methods to enhance performance.
- Engage regularly with technical peers and campus partners, including faculty, staff, students and alumni on topics and issues related to enterprise analytics, data and reporting needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned and as needed, including readiness to support after hours and weekends.
- A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Experience with developing and architecting business intelligence solutions leveraging the MicroStrategy BI Tool or similar tools such as PowerBI, Tableau and/or Cognos.
- Experience and proficiency working in cloud environments, preferably AWS and with modern integrations and repositories such as Matillion and Snowflake.
- Familiarity with data architecture, data strategy and migration of data platforms to modern cloud-based solutions.
- Experience in Data Modelling (Dimensional and Normalized). Experience with SQL and database programming.
- Natural inclination to problem solve in a structured and logical way and ability to understand the importance of visualizing data to communicate a story and insight.
- Hands-on experience participating in the implementation of medium and large-scale projects. Experience with Agile development methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of taking initiative to learn about emerging technologies in the field of analytics and data science, best practices, and relevant regulatory requirements.
- A self-starter with ability to communicate with functional areas as well as technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, managing multiple priorities, as part of a team.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
- A master's degree in computer science, data analytics, information systems, or a related field is preferred.
- A strong understanding of business and technical aspects of information technology at an academic and research-intensive university.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis, predictive analytics and data mining.
Keywords: New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark , Business Intelligence Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Newark, New Jersey
here to apply!