Business Excellence MBA Summer 2023 Internship
Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: January 25, 2023
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and
communications services, transforming the way we connect across the
globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
You'll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative
energy, and the skills and experiences you've gained in your MBA
program to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through
the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in
meaningful work and real-life projects within the Business
Excellence organization that will help you grow both professionally
and personally throughout the program. You'll learn from the best
minds in the industry and improve your knowledge regarding
strategic business problem solving, data analytics and other
process improvement methodologies, and strategic change initiatives
in an environment that's dedicated to industry superiority.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Using your skills in impactful projects and participating in
presentations to senior leadership.
- Facilitating the creation of multi-year cost optimization
and/or revenue growth strategies.
- Assuming key responsibilities in transformational projects
across the enterprise.
- Developing hypotheses and frameworks to solve business
- Analyzing and assessing the impact of various business drivers
and providing a fact-based recommendation to the stakeholders.
- Marketing your skills at the executive level within a
world-class telecom and technology company.
- Partnering closely with Verizon's business units to optimize
spend through targeted initiatives.
- Developing sophisticated financial models to evaluate
- Collaborating with Global Supply Chain to improve procurement
- Supporting the documentation of Verizon's end-to-end processes
to identify transformation opportunities.
- Driving business process improvements and efficiencies across
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good
academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in any other roles or locations in addition
to this one, please submit your application to those postings
directly as well in order to be considered.
The internship will be a hybrid model (combined virtual/work from
home and in-office experience). You must be willing to travel for
orientation and travel up to 40% (up to 4 weeks) of the internship
program to Basking Ridge, NJ.
What we're looking for...
You're a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status
quo, you're always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a
fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You
are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments.
Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take
You'll need to have:
- Current enrollment in an MBA program majoring in Strategy, Data
Analytics, Consulting, Finance, Engineering, Marketing or a related
field, with an expected completion date of December 2023 to June
- Four or more years of work experience in Corporate Strategy,
Operations, Data Analytics, Management Consulting, Finance,
Engineering, Marketing, Business Modeling, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience creating structured quantitative and
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need
for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to align to Basking Ridge, NJ work location.
- Willingness to travel to your assigned work location for up to
40% of the internship program.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated experience structuring an approach to multifaceted
problems and providing actionable recommendations.
- Experience in the following areas: financial analysis, business
modeling, change management or Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Experience with a management consulting company or in-house
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, relationship management and
attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, communication, leadership and
- Proven track record of handling extremely confidential
- Experience facilitating cross-functional workshops.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you
to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: VerizonMedia, Newark , Business Excellence MBA Summer 2023 Internship, IT / Software / Systems , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!