Technical 5G Project Manager
Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: August 5, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... The Professional Services
Project Manager will be responsible for managing multiple
concurrent projects focused on the delivery of Verizon Smart
Communities, 5G MEC, Venues (SCV/IoT), private LTE/5G solutions
including survey, design, implementation, and handoff to support.
This team member's role encompasses a wide range of
responsibilities including project governance, financial tracking
and analysis, partner contracting and management, application of
standard project management processes and artifacts, risk
management, process and methodology development and improvement.The
program manager owns a select set of customers and works to
effectively organize resources in the delivery of complex
technology solutions. They will implement solutions to ensure that
best practices and processes are followed and enhanced. They will
be a primary company point of contact, internally and externally,
and must effectively manage communications. They will be
responsible for keeping each project in scope and manage the
negotiation and contracting for scope changes. They will also be
responsible for extensive project documentation and following an
established standardized methodology. Will require experience
involving the specifications, development, deployment, and testing
involving both hardware/software solution components. This would
include managing a multi-disciplined team with both internal and
external vendors in the creation of that solution. The Principal
Program/Project Manager will lead cross functional teams across
multiple lines of business to ensure a high quality delivery of
critical partnerships between Verizon and the public/private
sectors. This individual must work collaboratively in a dynamic,
fast-paced environment and be able to proactively seek creative
solutions to complex problems. The Principal Program/Project
Manager will have experience:
- Responsible for leading, and coordinating resources for an
integrated team crossing multiple business units in the daily
execution of program activities.
- Managing multiple large-scale technology projects within public
and private sectors.
- Preparing and leading client technical presentations.
- Managing contracts, SOWs, and Change Order processes for both
customers and vendors.
- Delivering complex technologies such as 5G, IoT, cloud
computing technologies (AWS, Azure), and Onsite LTE.Where you'll be
working:In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location
that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your
manager.What we're looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience complex program management and experience managing
operational programs and projects in the public/private
- Industry project management certification such as PgMP and
- Experience in leading complex and concurrent endeavors.
- Willingness to travel.Even better if you have one or more of
- A degree (ideally an MBA).
- Demonstrated effective leadership and timely communication
skills in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work effectively under extreme time constraints
and deliver against critical deadlines.
- Understanding of customer schedule and requirements, as well as
the technology and product development necessary to carry out the
program to meet customer expectations.
- The ability to influence others and collaborate with various
stakeholders while maintaining an executive presence.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to receive high-level direction and proactively
move a project or internal initiative from start to finish with
- Experience preparing and leading client technical
- Experience within Smartsheets and Google suite
- Experience networking at the CCNA level or higher.
- Experience with applicant development methodologies.
- Experience with infrastructure deployments.
- Experience with consulting services at the executive level
(e.g., Big Four accounting firms, top management consulting firms,
top technology firms).
- Experience managing multiple large-scale technology projects
within the public and private sector.
- Experience managing contracts, SOWs, and change order processes
for both customers and vendors.
- Experience with Cellular Site Surveys and/or Implementations
including associated tools (e.g., iBwave, Ekahau).
- Experience delivering complex technologies such as 5G, IoT,
cloud computing technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure), and Onsite
- Strong negotiating skills and comfort in managing potentially
adversarial business relationships.
- The ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced
- Experience networking at the CCNA level or higher.
- Experience with infrastructure deployments.If Verizon and this
role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if
you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed
above.#VZProfessionalServicesEqual Employment Opportunity We're
proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our page to learn more.COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementNYC
candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides
reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g.,
for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be
provided during the hiring process.
Keywords: Verizon, Newark , Technical 5G Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!