Senior Software Development Engineer, DataX
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job summaryGood storytelling starts with great listening. At
Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in
mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our
products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.ABOUT
THIS ROLEAs a Software Development Engineer, it s up to you to
define, design and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead of
listeners. Anticipate. Innovate. Bring challenging ideas and we ll
support you with the latest tech, tools and systems that you need
to succeed. You ll be essential in ensuring the team can reach
their potential; working closely with them, reviewing their work,
mentoring, and supporting them to develop. Together, you ll build
and maintain our platform to bring thousands of stories to millions
of listeners and unleash the power of the human voice.ABOUT YOUYou
feel pride in every step forward, however big, or small; to you,
each challenge represents a well-executed venture to support our
listeners. If you re looking to build on your skills and grow into
a leader, this is your next step. We look for people who take
responsibility, set their standards high and see every failure as
an opportunity to learn. You re looking for an environment where
you can thrive. With opportunities to challenge yourself and a
talented team by your side, you ll find what you re looking for at
Audible.As a Software Development Engineer, you will...
- Design, develop, and test software components and applications
for one of the largest creator and provider of audiobooks in the
- Work on an agile engineering team writing maintainable and
scalable code for software components and influencing team
- Collaborate with stakeholders to imagine, design, develop,
test, and launch software that impacts our customers and inspires
- Use technology to solve difficult problems. Define a design,
turn it into high quality code, and deliver it on schedule.
Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms,
knowing when it is (and isn t) appropriate to use them.
- Independently clarify technical requirements, assessing
development estimates and apply a broad range of design
- Review code of other team members and provide constructive
- Drive continuous improvement of software quality, customer
experience, and maintainability of products/features.
- Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep
technical understanding. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such
as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and
design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of
new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development
- Experience writing clear, maintainable and extensible code.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate
highly complex and ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and
successfully resolve ambiguity.
- Willingness to learn, be open minded to new ideas and different
opinions yet knowing when to stop, analyze, and reach a
- Full-stack development experience - web + services. If you've
built something in your spare time send us the link, we'd love to
hear about it.
- Ability to think creatively and adapt messages to the audience.
Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders
alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions.
- Knowledge of Core Data and database design.
- Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production
- Familiarity with big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark,
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.ABOUT AUDIBLEAt
Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're
changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and
provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways
people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell
have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into
meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's
service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and
problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas
and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken
word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives
employees flexibility between gathering in a common office space
(work from hub) and remote work (work from home). Some teams will
work mostly at hub, some mostly at home and others hybrid. For more
information, please visit adbl.co/hybrid.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Keywords: Audible, Newark , Senior Software Development Engineer, DataX, IT / Software / Systems , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!