Business Strategy Manager
Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: June 23, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... As an industry leader, Verizon
is in the center of the ecosystem architecture for transforming the
way government and education agencies deliver public services,
national security, and lifelong learning through innovations in 5G,
Edge Compute, and an array of technology enablement. We have a
unique ability to develop next generation platforms, influence
technology adoption, forge durable business partnerships, and
define the playing field for the next wave of technology
innovation. Within these evolving ecosystems, Verizon is uniquely
positioned to capture new growth and value opportunities.You will
serve as internal consultant/advisor to the business unit and
functional group leadership on a range of projects from definition
and articulation of business strategy to design and execution of
new growth opportunities. Within the Verizon Business Group
Strategy team, you will role-model the new Verizon 2.0 way of
working that builds on customer centricity, collaboration and
innovation to drive positive change.
- Leading analysis and solution development of key business
challenges to drive new growth and value opportunities across a
swiftly dynamic and innovative business environment.
- Leveraging critical thinking and sharp problem solving skills
(e.g., data-backed analysis, data science tools, valuation methods,
hypothesis-driven approach, research and strategy frameworks) to
support the design and execution of new solutions.
- Providing support and accelerated execution of strategic
initiatives, working alongside leaders to ensure effective
implementation, governance, communication and change
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders and business leaders
on cross-functional growth initiatives, designing blueprints for
new ways of working, and developing technology-focused customer
- Coaching junior members of the team to enhance their personal
effectiveness and ability to make a positive impact.
- Contributing to a high-performing team of problem solvers from
various disciplines who are committed to driving profitable growth
and innovation that ensures customer success.This hybrid role will
have a defined work location that includes work from home and
assigned office days as set by the manager. This role can be
located in other valid Verizon locations.What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.Even better if you have one or more of
- Master's degree or MBA.
- Experience in corporate strategy, investment banking, equity
research, or strategy consulting.
- Experience in a leadership role responsible for the design,
development, and implementation of a strategic plan for an
organization, company or business unit.
- Experience with developing investment roadmaps and execution
plans representing cross-functional team efforts - pulling together
information from a wide variety of sources quickly.
- Knowledge of working with structured, unstructured, and raw
data to drive analysis.
- Experience with data processing and advanced data analytics
methods including regression, predictive modeling, classification,
and other machine learning techniques.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (e.g., R, SQL)
and/or tools (e.g., Tableau, Alteryx, PowerBI) to manipulate data
and draw insights from large data sets.
- Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise,
simple to understand ways to senior leadership.
- Ability to drive cross-functional teams to meet business
objectives and influence co-workers and leadership while fostering
strong working relationships.
- Competitive strategy formulation, scenario planning,
- Deep telecommunication, technology, and/or B2B experience; a
plus to have experiences around Enterprise Telecom, Networking,
Wireless, and Solutions.
- Awareness of Verizon's product portfolio including Wireline
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines, and
simultaneously work on multiple projects.
- Comfortable working across all levels of an organization,
leveraging organizational, interpersonal, presentation, and
time-management skills.If Verizon and this role sound like a fit
for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every
"even better" qualification listed above.Equal Employment
Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and
celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know
that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.COVID-19
Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable
accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for
medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Keywords: Verizon, Newark , Business Strategy Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!