Job Developer and Tech
Company: Goodwill Industries Of Greater New York
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey,
Inc.Job Description FormPosition Title: Job Developer (Per Diem)
Department: New Jersey Program & ServicesReports To (Title):
Director of Rehab Cost Center: 58004Position Type: Entry-Level (3
yrs experience or less)Supervising Staff: NO
General Purpose: In a few brief sentences summarize the primary
duties and responsibilities.Develop job opportunities for Rehab
consumers who are sponsored by funding sources including but not
limited to DVR & CBVI. Schedule interviews and follow up with
employers to make placements. Build and maintain employer
relationships and contacts by visiting employers in the community.
Maintain documentation of placement services rendered and
employment verification. Complete internal statistical reports and
progress reports for funding sources. Ensure employer satisfaction
with program/placement services and candidates. Plan and implement
job fairs. Liaison with local business community. Become familiar
with labor laws, demand occupations and ADA. Provide services for
individuals referred for services, including intake, monitoring of
participants, teaching skills, help with job development and job
transition. Work closely with program staff to help assess
employment potential, job placement, career training and job
coaching.Essential Functions: Describe the duties that define the
core responsibilities of the job.
- After the 90-day introductory period is completed develop 10
community-based job opportunities, schedule 10 interviews, place 3
consumers, and accrue at least 40 billable hrs. per month
- Contact employers and determine job openings for consumers
based on the employment goals provided by the Coordinator.
- Meet with employers, complete employer profile and task
analysis paperwork at company site and submit to Coordinator upon
completion of the employer site visit.
- Educate employers about disability issues, ADA issues, tax
credits and job modifications.
- Communicate job description/job responsibilities effectively to
the Coordinator and other job developers.
- Assist placement staff with understanding the company's
application process, and investigating transportation options to
and from the employer job site.
- Educate consumers about how working may impact other benefits
that they currently receive. Connect consumers to Benefit
Counseling Services as needed. - Meet individual and team revenue
goals. - Track # of service hours provided to each consumer; submit
activity reports on time (within 5 business days) to request
vouchers for additional hours when needed. - Complete all job
development logs on a weekly basis.
- Completes all Preplacement logs and case notes in a timely
manner as per the case note and paperwork compliance procedure. All
case notes for the week need to be completed on Fridays by COB and
forwarded to the Coordinator of Placement Services along with the
- Must become familiar with CARF regulations and assure that
services provided and documentation maintained is CARF
- Meet individual and team revenue goals.
- Enter consumer information into Foothold Awards system.
- Communicate with referral sources DVR, CBVI and private funders
as per the funder communication follow-up procedure.
- Attend all rehab and staff meetings as required. (Other duties
and assignments as may be assigned at the sole discretion of the
Qualifications: Describe the minimum educational and experience
- BA preferred but will accept 2 years of relevant work
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and ongoing access to
transportation to travel to employers in counties throughout
Northern New Jersey.
- Bilingual (Spanish) and/or ASL preferred
Skills Required: Describe the minimum skills required or preferred
- Intermediate Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Navigate and negotiate through difficult situations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees
Scope of Responsibility & Positions Supervised: Where applicable
describes level of authority, decision making discretion,
consequences of actions, supervisory and fiscal responsibility.
Provide metrics where possible. Level of supervision received.
- This position does not supervise others. The Job Developer must
work effectively as a partner with other job developers, job
coaches and other rehab staff.
Special Working Conditions: Describe unusual working conditions or
- Job developer is expected to work in the community in addition
to the main office. Conditions at employer locations may vary.
Keywords: Goodwill Industries Of Greater New York, Newark , Job Developer and Tech, IT / Software / Systems , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!