Company: Delbarton School
Posted on: November 17, 2021
TECHNICAL SUPPORT OPENINGReports to: Director of
TechnologyDepartment: StaffClassification: ExemptContract Length:
12 monthsPosition SummaryDelbarton School, an independent
Benedictine Catholic school for young men in grades 7-12 seeks
excellent candidates for the role of technical support. Candidates
will provide basic, ongoing, technical support to students,
faculty, and staff in the use of technology. This position reports
to and is evaluated by the director of technology for Delbarton
School with input and guidance from the Headmaster and Chief
Financial and Operations Officer.ResponsibilitiesThese are intended
only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The
omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position
if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the
- Serve as an advisor to school staff for general technical
- Provide basic on-going first-line technical support to school
staff and students.
- Troubleshoot and repair minor computer, printer, and peripheral
- Management of accounts and reporting functions for select
- Support school users with network access issues and reset
passwords as needed.
- Install and customize new computers with site based
software/drivers; upgrade/update software as needed.
- Provide logistical support for new computers and peripherals
(physical setup & placement).
- Coordinate computer support and hardware repairs for the
school, the abbey, and all related offices and events.
- Collaborate with staff on software purchases with regard to
technical requirements and limitations.
- Verify technology purchases and provide logistical support for
new deliveries on physical set-up and placement.
- Maintain technology inventory records for the school.
- Serve as a technical liaison with outside vendors, and serve as
vendor contact on technical issues.
- Participate in on-going technical support training as
- Perform other technology related duties as assigned.Minimum
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Attributes)
- Good knowledge of the troubleshooting and operation of computer
hardware and common software applications such as Microsoft Office,
GSuite, & Microsoft Active Directory, Windows and Mac operating
- Thorough knowledge of methods and techniques used to maintain
and repair computer equipment
- Ability to carry-out maintenance plans and repair schedules for
- Knowledge of the ticket tracking application
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing,
understand and execute oral and written instructions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and organize
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills,
be able to listen, understand and analyze problems.Education and
- High School Diploma - Computer Science Degree preferred.
- Experience providing technical support on a variety of
hardware, software and operating systems.
- Industry relevant certifications preferred (i.e. Network +). A
comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for
the minimum qualifications.Physical RequirementsSome standing,
walking, moving, climbing, lifting (up to 50 lbs.), carrying,
bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing and
pulling. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
tasks.Disclaimer: The above describes the general nature and level
of work being performed by individuals hired into this job. This is
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and
duties required. Delbarton reserves the right to change any or all
content of this job description based on business needs. The
incumbent, if applicable, will be notified of any changes before
they become effective. Delbarton School is an Equal Opportunity
Employer.Job Type: Full-timePay: $30,000.00 - $50,000.00 per
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridayCOVID-19 considerations:All faculty and staff
are required to wear a mask while inside school buildings. We
strongly recommend all of our faculty and staff be vaccinated.Work
Location: One location
Keywords: Delbarton School, Newark , Technical Support, IT / Software / Systems , Morristown, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!