Lead Web Developer - Couple.com
Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Couple has an opening for an accomplished Lead Web Developer
knowledge of webRTC technology to join a small team creating a new
online-dating product for singles across the globe.
Couple is a fast-growing startup in the $4B online-dating industry
with a product that serves singles in a fun and unique way.
Couple's website technology is currently built on a LAMP stack
using Twilio video but we may migrate to a node.js platform and
direct webRTC signaling. Couple is part of Lawyer.com/World Media
Group LLC, whose business interests include Doctor.com and Sweet.io
in NYC, Scientist.com, Calendar.com, and Outerspace.com.
The Lead Web Developer will be expected to advance the level of
expertise of the development team, implement best practices in
development, and deliver innovative technology using agile
processes. The Lead Web Developer will assist in building our web
and video technology drawing on his/her in-depth full-stack
candidate will have some knowledge of webRTC and will quickly
develop advanced working knowledge and skills in that technology.
The Lead Web Developer will define implementation strategies that
deliver value quickly in small increments while enabling easy
adaptation for future enhancements; and delivering on that strategy
with clean code easily interpreted by the team. Other
responsibilities will include coordinating and prioritizing project
schedules with marketing, product, and operations departments.
Management duties include regular reviews of team members, setting
compensation and bonuses and recruiting additional team members.
Duties may also include selection and management of third-party
contractors, negotiations with third-party service and API
providers, and purchasing of required software and hardware.
The Lead Web Developer will stay up-to-date on the latest video
streaming and web technologies including webRTC, SEM, Social Media
and Mobile App developments, competitor services and strategies,
and the business trends in our market. Where applicable, the Lead
Web Developer will attend industry conferences, complete training
courses and maintain required certifications. The Lead Developer
will architect innovative solutions to business requirements and
will balance requirements of the product, marketing, operations,
and finance teams. All code will be robust, reliable,
well-documented and scaleable. Code performance metrics will be
tracked and analyzed.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related majors
- Demonstrated excellence in studies, standardized tests and
- 5+ years full-time coding experience
- Understanding of video technologies on the web including
- Ability to manage and mentor junior developers.
- Web development experience as employee at leading Internet
(we prefer in-house production experience over ad agency or
- Expert level back-end experience, particularly on LAMP
- Experience designing complex software solutions and evaluating
- Highly analytical, able to optimize diverse requirements into
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for learning and mastering new skills
- A strong sense of ownership and personal accountability
- Will follow up on critical work after hours when required.
- Enjoy fast-moving startup environment
- Positive fun inclusive personality
- Team player interested in supporting junior employees and other
- Interest in business strategy and product management
- Short commute to Basking Ridge, NJ or Easton, PA offices
- U.S. citizen or work permit (we will apply for visas and green
card if necessary)
- Experience in subscription based e-commerce business
- Understand best practices in SEO, SEM and social media
- Experience finding, hiring, training and motivating
- Personal website, mobile app, hardware or robotics
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Adwords, Adsense, Search
- Experience with big data platforms and data collection
- Familiarity with High Availability web and database
architectures and software.
- Experience with transactional email platforms, feedback loops
and white lists.
- Have used Paypal or Stripe payment API's
- Experience with Twilio for video, voice and SMS
- Experience with DNS, CDN's (ideally Akamai), SSL, Pubnub,
- Experience with Java, Python, Google App Engine, AWS, Git,
- Experience with Google page speed and mobile responsiveness
- Experience with testing tools, Browserstack, WebPageTest,
- Offshore and contractor team management experience
- Used outsourcing platforms including Guru, UpWork, Amazon
- Interest in additional management responsibilities
- Complimentary interests (musical instrument, chess, poker,
- Competitive Base Salary
- Personal performance bonuses
- Company wide bonuses - annual and milestone based
- Significant stock options
- Generous vacation policy including up to 8 weeks Long Service
- Medical, dental and vision healthcare insurance
- Health oriented work environment including sit/stand electric
- Fun company events, theme Fridays, summer hours, voted a best
place to work in NJ
- Subsidized continuing education, off site training
- Open management structure encourages communication and
Keywords: Lawyer.com, Newark , Lead Web Developer - Couple.com, IT / Software / Systems , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!