Field Service Supervisor (East)
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: February 15, 2020
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you?ll be part of
a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and
discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment
in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and
opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Relocation (if applicable): NoPosition Summary: Manage the East
Region Field Service team in assuring timely repairs, preventative
maintenance, and installations of the Phadia Laboratory Systems for
customers all in accordance to FDA QSR compliance, and GLP/GMP
Regulations and Guidelines. Managing the team?s professional and
personal development to ensure success for the individual, team,
and organization. Monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to
measure performance and ensures compliance with customer service
- Manage a highly-responsive, well-trained, and cost-effective
Field Service team to support and differentiate our products and
service from our competitors.
- Provide the necessary feedback from the field for
instrumentation, spare parts, and trends to assist the decisions
and growth of the Service organization.
- Assist in the establishment, maintenance, and implementation of
Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions for all aspects
of Service Operations.
- Manage the Regional FSE spare parts and Customer cabinet
inventories. Ensuring FSEs return all inventory within an
appropriate timeframe to achieve inventory cost goals and
- Strive to deliver exceptional customer experience and create
long term customer loyalty to support our Customer Allegiance Score
- Provide leadership for on-site service and repair of highly
complex and fully integrated diagnostic automation systems used in
hospitals and private laboratories within the Region.
- Ability to perform repairs, maintenance, and upgrades or to
assist in the performance of maintenance and PM with the Regional
- Build and manage team metrics such as timely repairs, and
- Manage the escalation of critical, complicated service calls
and provide expertise to resolve the issue.
- Build closer relationship and collaboration with Sales Account
Executives within Region and supporting both pre and post-sales
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree, Engineering field preferred or
equivalent work experience with proven leadership skills.
- Previous proven service management experience a plus.
- Experience with Service Management Systems (ServiceMax or
- Customer Service system (satisfaction) exposure /
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills and ability to
work in a fast-paced environment and possess good technical
- Possess the ability to multitask and be organized while
- The candidate must demonstrate good judgment in customer
relations, be patient and able to work under pressure.
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on
sophisticated electronic, mechanical instrumentation in a
- The applicant must be an analytical thinker with good
engineering aptitude, as well as a professional work ethic.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, push and pull equipment,
and carry up to 50 pounds a distance of 100 feet.
- Must be able to stand, bend, and/or kneel for up to two hours
at a time.
- Some exposure to biohazards is a possibility during instrument
repair, as these instruments are used in biohazard environments and
come in contact with human bodily fluids. Biohazard training,
safety equipment and following SOPs will minimize the
- Must possess a valid driver's license and pass an in-depth
- Ability to Travel up to 75% of the time.Other Job
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and
healthy workplace environmentLocations: This position is remote,
located in New York or New Jersey.This position has not been
approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular mission?enabling our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer.Apply today!
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Newark , Field Service Supervisor (East), IT / Software / Systems , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!