Food & Beverage Manager
Posted on: January 28, 2023
REPORTS TO: General Manager
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations,
resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend
discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of
the Food and Beverage Department to meet the daily needs of the
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and
authority for the operation of the various food and beverage
sub-departments, e.g. room service, restaurants, banquets,
kitchens, steward, etc.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of
all food and beverage sub-departments to achieve a profitable
- Participate with Food and Beverage managers in the creation of
menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs
among all sub-departments to Crescent standards.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements
pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Assist managers in establishing and achieving predetermined
profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service,
cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
- Regularly review and evaluate the degree of guest satisfaction
of the individual restaurants and banquet service, to recommend new
operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant
sales implydissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in
the make-up or the customer market, or a change in the competitive
- Develop operating tools necessary and incidental to modern
management principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting purchase
specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts,
food production control etc.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement
of the associates in the food and beverage department. Plan and
administer a training and development program within the department
which will provide well trained associate at all levels.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear
direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Crescent, Newark , Food & Beverage Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!