Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: HousekeeperReports to: Director of
Environmental Services and/or Facilities DirectorFLSA Status:
Non-exemptHours: VarySUMMARYResponsible for the cleanliness and
servicing of assigned areas. Care of cleaning equipment, effective
expenditure of soaps, disinfectants, finishes, abrasive, polishes
and other cleaning supplies. Works under limited supervision
performing standardized tedious tasks.RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cleans and disinfects resident & patient areas, restroom,
showers/baths, corridors, utility rooms.
- Dust and damp mops floors, dust/ damp wipe furniture and
equipment, cleans windowsills, arrange furniture and equipment in
an orderly fashion.
- Scours and sanitizes bathtubs, sinks, and similar
- Replenishes paper towel, toilet paper, and soap supplies.
- Polishes metal.
- Cleans glass panels in doors and partitions.
- Keeps storage areas in good order and arranges supplies.
- Cleans and disinfects beds, bed side cabinet, over bed tables,
- Empties waste baskets, cleans and relines them.
- Vacuums/shampoos carpets, shampoos upholstered furniture.
- Removes drapery and cubical curtains when needed.
- Cleans and disinfects shower stalls, sitz baths, water
fountains, chute doors, fire extinguishers and stationary ice
- Draws supplies as needed from the Environmental Service Office
or designated area.
- Conforms to all fire and safety regulations.EDUCATION,
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- No formal education required, only the ability to follow
instructions and directions, High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Environmental Services experience is desirable but not
essential. Employee can be trained through in-service
- Must know how to use environmental services materials such as
finishes, disinfectants, soaps, abrasive, bowl cleaners, dusting
tools, scouring pads, mops, and other related items.
- Able to keep assigned areas in a condition complying with
- Must also know the proper cleaning techniques used in the
cleaning of an isolation or biohazardous area.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects,
tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee
frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is
occasionally required to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl,
talk or hear, and taste or smell.The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT: Works in clean, well-lighted, heated
and ventilated building (rooms and corridors). The employee
occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside
weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: EMS, Newark , Housekeeper, Hospitality & Tourism , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!