Cardiac Surgery Physician Assistant (Physician Assistant #)
Company: TAL Healthcare
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Title: Cardiac Surgery Physician Assistant Location: New Jersey, NJ 07047 Industry: Healthcare Occupational Category: Physician Assistant Hours: Full-time Description: Hiring a Cardiac Surgery Physician Assistant for a well-established, accredited hospital based, academic practice with a fellowship program. The Physician Assistant, Cardiac Surgery will assist the supervising surgeon in the management of patients and performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures under the supervision of the surgeon. Responsibilities:
- Ability to identify normal and abnormal findings and initiate appropriate procedure.
- Arterial blood gases/insertion of radial artery line, change central lines
- Closure of sternotomy, thoracotomy, leg and abdominal
- Complete appropriate documentation of all evaluations, care, and services.
- Complete individual daily and/or participate in multidisciplinary rounds with attending physician on all inpatients and documentation of medical plan.
- Dictate Consultations and discharge summaries in a timely manner.
- Participate in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Excision and harvesting of saphenous vein and radial artery in preparation for coronary bypass both open and endoscopically.
- First /second assist in all cardiothoracic cases.
- Maintains BLS, ACLS certification and provides emergent medical intervention as needed until physician arrives.
- Manage discharge of patients with appropriate disposition, follow up planning, adjunctive therapy management and education.
- Orders and evaluates pertinent diagnostic tests (including Radiology, Laboratory, EKG)
- Prepare patients for surgery, including but not limited to counseling in preventive care, medical problems, exercise the use of prescribed treatments and drugs, skin preparation, health promotion and consents.
- Serve as a resource for nursing and ancillary staff with regards to patient disease management and post-operative course. Education Requirements:
- Completion of a qualified Physician Assistant Program
- Current certification by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants
- Valid New Jersey License
- Current BLS card
- ALCS Keyphrases: surgery jobs, surgeon jobs, cardiovascular surgery jobs, cardiovascular surgeon jobs, cardiac surgeon jobs, cardiac surgery jobs, cardiovascular thoracic surgery jobs, cardiovascular thoracic surgeon jobs, thoracic cardiovascular surgery jobs, thoracic cardiovascular surgeon jobs, thoracic and cardiovascular surgeon jobs, thoracic and cardiovascular surgery jobs, cardio thoracic surgery jobs, cardio thoracic surgeon jobs, heart surgeon jobs, physician assistant jobs, surgical jobs, pa jobs
Keywords: TAL Healthcare, Newark , Cardiac Surgery Physician Assistant (Physician Assistant #), Healthcare , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!