Physician Specialist - Dermatology
Company: Rutgers New Jersey Medical School - Office of Cini
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Job Title: Physician Specialist - DermatologyDepartment:
MedicineDivision/Section: DermatologyOperating Unit: New Jersey
Medical SchoolReports To: Department Chair/Division ChiefApproved
By: Approved Date: SUMMARY: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences
and Rutgers New Jersey Medical School is seeking a full-time
Dermatologist to join our multi-specialty practice located in
Bergen County, NJ in partnership with CarePlus Bergen and Bergen
New Bridge Medical Center. The successful candidate will join the
growing Department of Medicine at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
located in Newark NJ. The physician will provide ambulatory and
inpatient care on the New Bridge campus in Paramus, NJ. This
position is open to either faculty (would provide didactic and
clinical teaching services) or non-faculty candidates. Provides
direct clinical care to patients in general adult population.
Functions collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams, maintains
effective communication with staff and administration, and renders
general dermatology services on a full time basis.Age of Patient
Population ServedNeonate (birth - 28 days)Infant (29 days - less
than 1 year)Pediatric (1 - 12 yrs)Adolescent (13 - 17 yrs)Adult (18
- 64 yrs)Geriatric (65 yrs & older)Nonage Specific Task
(N/A)Population Bariatric Patients: BMI greater than 40, or greater
than 35 with weight related comorbidities Patient with exceptional
communication needs Patient with developmental delays Patient at
the end of life Patient under isolation precautions All
PopulationsESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluate, diagnoses, and treats conditions based on high
quality clinical medicine in their area of specialty
- Develop and oversee a thorough plan of treatment.
- Orders appropriate blood work and other laboratory
- Reviews radiologic and laboratory tests results to identify and
communicate abnormal findings.
- Reviews entire EMR chart during encounter and documents
inpatient or outpatient encounter in the EMR.
- Prescribes and administers appropriate medications.
- Follow-ups as appropriate via telephone or telemedicine.
- Completes all inpatient and outpatient medical assessments,
clinical documentation, medical orders, laboratory and consult
reviews, plan of care, treatment reviews, and summaries in a timely
- Provides and educations to patients as it relates to their
- Assures implementation and ongoing status of recommended
- Serves as a consultant to the primary care practitioners on
conditions related to dermatology.
- Refers patients to appropriate follow up Physician
- Recommends universal precautions when ordering any invasive
procedure for diagnostic or routine studies.
- Provides services in accordance with the Centers for Disease
Control infection guidelines, Federal, State and local laws and the
Quality Improvement Program standards.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her
individual judgments and actions.
- Maintains and submits documentation of current medical
licensure, DEA registration, and CDS certificate.
- Understands and adheres to RBHS's compliance standards as they
appear in RBHS's Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and
Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and RBHS
regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they
change or are modified.
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and Rutgers'
regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they
change or are modified.
- Ensures that the staff are trained and evaluated on their
knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures
specific to their jobs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.JOB REQUIREMENTS:To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The successful
candidate will possess the follow:
- Either MD or DO
- Fluency in Spanish preferred, but not requiredEDUCATION AND/OR
EXPERIENCE:ABD Board certified or board eligible in Dermatology. 2
years' experience preferred, but not required.- Credential
Required: Licensed, or eligible, by the New Jersey State Board of
Medical Examiners. Current DEA and CDS Registration. Valid Driver's
License. Must possess own vehicle.- Primary Source Verification:
University approved verification service.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability
to work at varying computer workstations provided by the Department
of Medicine in shared office environments. Ability to type and use
a computer to enter in the Electronic Medical Records. Ability to
read, write and speak or communicate in English to successfully
accomplish the essential duties of the position. The ability to
keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while
holding your arm and hand in one position. The ability to quickly
move your hand, your hand together with your arm, and your two
hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects. The ability to
make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both
hands to grasp, manipulate, can quickly and repeatedly adjust the
controls of a machine to exact positions. Frequently walks, bends,
stretches, pushes and pulls. Intermittent physical exertion when
performing job activities. Manual dexterity and mobility for
charting (typing). Ability to implement Universal Precautions and
Safety Precautions.WORK ENVIRONMENTS: Ability to function in a fast
paced environment and relate well to the patients, security staff
and health care team members. Ability to handle emergency and
crisis situations. Incumbent must exhibit flexibility to work in a
variety of settings. Risk of body fluid exposure. Could be exposed
to fumes, toxics, outdoor weather conditions and vibrations and
moving mechanical parts.
Keywords: Rutgers New Jersey Medical School - Office of Cini, Newark , Physician Specialist - Dermatology, Healthcare , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!