Mental Health Community Educator
Company: Vitalief Inc.
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Why Vitalief?Vitalief, a fast-growing, innovative Research and
Clinical Trial Solutions Company, is committed to identifying
talented and passionate clinical research professionals to join our
exceptional team as experts and active members of our clients'
Our PEOPLE FIRST culture prioritizes personal and professional
growth for OUR team. We offer the flexibility, professional growth,
support, and mentorship that the highly competitive clinical
research industry demands. None of this is possible without the
drive and passion of our Vitalief team members. If you are
interested in the clinical research profession and being part of a
culture that includes transparent leadership that invests in your
career progression and an innovative culture that respects and
encourages your voice, then we want to speak with you!
Note: Some remote work, however, frequently commuting to and
visiting different communities across Newark, Piscataway and/or New
Brunswick, NJ areas.
Responsibilities:Under the direction of the Director of the Center
for Genomics of Psychiatric Health & Addiction (CGPHA), is
responsible for the conduct of representative studies of persons
with psychiatric illness and those with no mental health diagnosis,
including recruitment and enrollment of participants from diverse
ethnic communities through administration of screening and clinical
diagnostic instruments and surveys. Current funded research studies
focus on the enrollment of minorities under-represented in
research, in particular those of Latinx and African
- Participates as part of the enrollment team to conducting
diagnostic validity and reliability standards for the use of
diagnostic instruments including the DIPAD.
- Performs semi-structured diagnostic interviews relevant to
ongoing investigatory activities of the CGPHA.
- Independently follows research protocols including
administering study consent, study diagnostic instruments,
providing compensation to participants and recording all data in
the study database.
- Assists with instructing and training of lower-level study
raters, recruiters and phlebotomists to develop the skills
necessary to perform the required functions.
- Records all data in the study database and performing the
necessary Q/C for data in the study database.
- Participates in and leads both on-site and off-site community
engagement and study recruitment activities and will maintain
and/or develop networking and community relationships.
- Designs recruitment activities to maximize access to potential
participants, which may involve irregular work scheduling to match
community needs and availability, requiring occasional evening and
weekend work and off-site travel.
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and client
- Master's Degree in a relevant science (i.e., public health)
plus 2 years of related experience, or a Bachelor's degree in a
relevant science plus 3 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have access to personal transportation to conduct field
activities and will need to be comfortable commuting to different
communities across Newark, Piscataway and New Brunswick, NJ
- Experience and/or comfortable in mental health and interacting
with and interviewing patients with Schizophrenia, bipolar or OCD
for a clinical study.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written are
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple
- Ability to attend to detail, think logically and critically
evaluate and solve problems.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) and experience in the diverse
ethnic communities in New Jersey.
- Pre-existing community relationships and/or ties with groups
who face additional barriers accessing healthcare and social
services, and/or have demonstrated such expertise in a similar
setting in past professional activities.
- Phlebotomy certification, or willingness to take phlebotomy
- CHES - and/or MCHES - certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Standing, sitting, walking, and reaching.
Lifting, pushing and pulling up to 20lbs. Use of
IMPORTANT NOTE: Vitalief partners with clients such as major
medical centers and academic institutions that requires all on-site
resources such as prospective Vitalief consultants to provide proof
that they are fully vaccinated for Covid-19; inoculated annually
for Influenza; and successfully pass a Mantoux Tuberculin Skin Test
(TST) for Mycobacterium Tuberculosis.
Keywords: Vitalief Inc., Newark , Mental Health Community Educator, Healthcare , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!