Director of Labs - Education
Company: New Jersey Institute of Technology
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Title:Director of Labs - EducationDepartment:Civil &
Environmental EngineeringReports To:Professor and Chair, Civil and
Environmental EngineeringPosition Type:StaffPosition
Summary:Promotes the educational laboratories in the Department of
Civil and Environmental Engineering. Instructs faculty, staff and
students in operation of laboratory equipment for education.
Monitors safety in the laboratories. Develops and conducts training
sessions, including civil engineering software applications for
educational programs.Essential Functions:
- Assists student chapters in the development and execution of
competitions and other educational projects.
- Develops proposals to use the Civil and Environmental
Engineering laboratories and equipment for educational
- Installs and calibrates new laboratory equipment.
- Assists faculty with the design, set-up and execution of
- Instructs and assists faculty, staff and students in the proper
use of laboratory equipment.
- Develops procedures and instructions for proper use of
- Maintains laboratory equipment, including contacting vendors
when repairs are necessary.
- Recommends to the Department Chair new equipment and upgrades
of present equipment.
- Monitors safety procedures in the laboratories, including
safety procedures for experiments in process, may be requested to
sit on NJIT Safety Committee.
- Develops student training sessions for civil engineering
- Assist in open houses and outreach events.
- Teach selected laboratory courses, including but not limited to
the following: Mech 237 Strength of Material Laboratory, CE 320A
Hydraulics, CE 341A soil Mechanics Laboratory, CE 431 Construction
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate departmental programs and
- Oversees student workers in the laboratories. Additional
Functions:Other duties as assigned.Prerequisite Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or closely-related area
and 5-10 years experience in experimental design and execution
- Must possess ability to understand experimental requirements
and must be able to make recommendations on goal attainment.
- Computer literacy in major civil engineering software with
thorough understanding of data acquisition and the experimental
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience
prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate
to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of
education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for
success in the position.Bargaining
Keywords: New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark , Director of Labs - Education, Healthcare , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!