Dual Diagnosis- Registered Nurse
Company: Silver Lake Hospital
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Silver Lake Hospital of Newark, NJ is seeking to hire
experienced full-time (Day Shift & Night Shift) Registered Nurses
with behavioral health experience to provide inpatient treatment
for adults who experience acute mental health symptoms and
substance use. Flexible shifts and flexible schedules are
available.Registered Nurse (RN) rates commensurate with experience.
Differentials are offered for night/weekend shifts and BSN/MSN
degrees. Full time employees are offered medical, dental, vision, a
401(k) plan, supplemental insurance, free life-long term disability
insurance, tuition reimbursement (additional reimbursement for
BSN/MSN programs). Additional benefits include continuing
education, inhouse BLS courses, free parking in a safe and secure
garage, paid time off (PTO), and a comprehensive wellness program
which includes free nutritional and fitness programs. If this
sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT SILVER LAKE HOSPITALSilver Lake Hospital's brand-new state of
the art acute inpatient dual diagnosis program provides inpatient
treatment for adults who experience acute mental health symptoms
and substance use.We are looking for compassionate, warm, caring
and highly professional health care individuals who have a passion
for helping others.
POSITION SUMMARYThe Registered Nurse (RN) is the primary care
coordinator for the interdisciplinary team and is accountable for
the implementation of a collaborative care plan as prescribed by
the physician(s) and treatment team. Provides medical management
and assessment of patients. This position does involve direct
patient care for a population of patients between the ages of 18
and older and does require age specific experience, specialized
training and/or expertise to serve this population.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS67-100% of work time: Lifting requirements
2-30 pounds34-66% of work time: Standing and walking, Lifting
requirements 31-40 pounds1-33% of work time: Sitting, twisting,
using arm, leg, and back muscles frequently or for extended
periods, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, bending/stooping,
climbing, Lifting requirements 41-51 pounds or more
- This position requires a minimum of an Associate's degree with
major in Nursing, BSN preferred.
- Must possess a current NJ State Registered Nurse license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required upon hire from
the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
- Two (2) years of acute care psychiatric experience
- Knowledge of psychiatric patient care techniques with an
understanding of mental illness preferred.
- Psychiatric Mental Health Certification is preferred.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service and professionalism at all
- Positive interpersonal relationships that embody our
patient/family centered philosophy.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with
- Skills required: Critical thinking, analytical, interpersonal,
- Ability to prioritize.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility and reliability.
- Ability to relate well to patients, families, co-workers, and
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office and EMR systems.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?If you feel that you would be right
for this position complete our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly
application. After this step, you will receive an invite to
complete your full application. Thank you.
Keywords: Silver Lake Hospital, Newark , Dual Diagnosis- Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!