RN Interventional Radiology
Posted on: June 24, 2022
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*Our promise to you:Joining
AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about
belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each
person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better.Schedule: Full TimeShift: DAYThe
community you'll be caring for:AdventHealth Waterman1000 Waterman
Way Tavares, Florida 32778The role you'll contribute:The
Interventional Radiology Nurse is responsible for the delivery of
coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of
patients within the Imaging department This position requires
intimate knowledge of both departmental and hospital policies and
procedures relating to the field of Interventional and diagnostic
radiology as well as routine nursing procedures. Uses the nursing
skills of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in
their patient care delivery. Primary function is the delivery of
competent, compassionate, and cost effective nursing care while the
patient is in the Imaging department.
The value you'll bring to the team:
- Assist physicians performing procedures:
- Prepping and draping the patient if needed.
- Passing instruments, guide wires, catheters, etc. if
- Monitoring patient blood pressure, Oxygen levels and pulse as
directed by physician.
- Maintains integrity and sterility of equipment and supplies
throughout the procedure.
- Recognizes and communicates any changes in patient condition to
the physician during the procedure.
- Documents accurate and pertinent data concerning the patient's
condition during the procedure, and reports data to appropriate
- Prepares patient in a timely fashion and notifies physician
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of drugs commonly used in the
Imaging department for special procedures.
- Utilizes knowledge and skills in giving safe and effective
- Identifies the total needs of the patients.
- Ensures proper procedure and precautions are followed.
- Plans for and maintains a clean, orderly, and safe environment
for the patient.
- Carries out those activities delegated by the physician, which
concern medications, treatment, and diagnostic
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
- Minimum qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of
an Associate of Science degree.
- Internship and/or preceptor ship required dependent upon
- Unit specific competency must be met per orientation
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required.
- Active Florida RN license required.
- Preferred qualifications:
- One-year hospital experience preferred, with experience in
- Experience in a critical care unit preferred.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Newark , RN Interventional Radiology, Healthcare , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!